cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Gmail

Ferguson2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I am not receiving any Gmail emails to my lineone.net account. All my family has individual gmail addresses and none of them can email me ???

It is as if any .gmail.com email is being blocked by taktalk

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi both, I've raised an incident to make sure we're only blocking mail that should be blocked.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I've just tested sending from Gmail to TalkTalk Mail and that worked fine. The successful delivery shows there's no block of all Gmail.

However, I'll qualify that and say I am aware that from time to time there are huge quantities of spam from Gmail spammers targeting TalkTalk Mail addresses that have fallen into the hands of spammers and scammers.  TalkTalk will deal with bulk spam by rate limiting the acceptance of mail from Gmail servers. So, inevitably, some genuine mail can also be rejected when sent by the same Gmail servers that have lots of outgoing spam.

As all your family have Gmail addresses I'd suggest the pragmatic solution is to also create a Gmail address for inter-family email.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution