cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Homecall emails not always getting to me

Nunoo
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Yesterday my bank promised to email me at my email (@homecall.co.uk) address giving me a secure telephone number to use today to give them important information.  No email came through.  So I sent myself an email to my @Homecall.co.uk address from an Outlook address, and that has not reached me either.  In the meantime, other emails to my @Homecall.co.uk address have been arriving as normal today.   This is not a new phenomenon.  Sometimes codes have been sent automatically to enable me (for example) to reset passwords, but have never arrived. - and yes, I have checked my spam folder.  The @Homecall.co.uk address seems to be increasingly unreliable.  Occasionally, an email gets delayed for an hour two, but too often emails I am sure have been sent to me never arrive.  What can I do to rectify this? @Homecall.co.uk is my default address for numerous organisations, and it would be a big issue to have to change them all.  I access  @Homecall.co.uk emails via Gmail.  Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Ok so your mailbox is working normally. Now it's time to check the setup of your mail client. You need to be using the correct email settings as laid out in the Email Settings help article. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Nunoo
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Did that, Ady and it came straight through.  I also got a notice flashed briefly on the screen to the effect - unable to fetch mail; POP3 also mentioned.  I went on "accounts and import" and saw a red message against my @Homecall.co.uk address saying "Authentication error: mail from this account has not been fetched since 15.44" (about half an hour ago).  I clicked "view details" and got 16.09 "Server returned error "[AUTH] authentication failed"  I get this from time to time, but the situation usually rectifies itself. Regards, John

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Ok so please send an email from your homecall address to your homecall address via webmail not a mail client. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Nunoo
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, Ady.  I sent an email from my Outlook account at 12.17 on 26th November to my @Homecall.co.uk address.  It has still not appeared in my Gmail inbox.  I have just sent another email from my Outlook account, given it 5 minutes, then went to "Accounts and Import" in Gmail and checked the @Homecall.co.uk address in question, but nothing has, as yet,  come through.  So something seems to be amiss.  Regards, Nunoo.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Nunoo, I've run a 7 day check on your email address. I found no blocks for any email address specific to your mailbox. 

Ady

0 Likes