cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I can’t access my email on my iPhone

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi there, I am having trouble with my Tiscali emails , they are not coming through any more in my iPhone. I have updated my password , I can access them on the web. I have a iPhone 14 iOS 16.3. It keeps asking for my password. I have tried to delete and re add the account to my iPhone. It will not work. Please help! 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Lez, its not been done yet. I've been on leave and then on a different workstream. I'll chase it now for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 17

Hi Lez

The estimated 48 hours from Ady's confirmation is working week time so I'd expect the switch on of IMAP access to happen by Monday afternoon, Tuesday at the latest if there have been delays.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Hi Ady,

Do you have an update on when my account will be restored? It should have been done by now I believe. 
thanks Lez

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 17

Hi Ady, Thank you for confirming. 
Lez

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 17

Hi Ady, Thanks so much! Appreciate your help. Lez

Message 6 of 17

Hi Lez, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 17

Thank you so much for helping me. Lez

Message 8 of 17

TalkTalk Support will respond here and in a couple of days, so hopefully by the end of the week, your iPhone will authenticate the password and you'll be able to get mail via the iPhone app as well as webmail.

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

Thank you ☺️ 

I have now added my email address in the private notes section. Is this everything I need to do? 
what happens next? 
Thank you 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 17

Click here and scroll down the page.

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Hi,

I can’t find that information. I don’t no where the section is for private notes etc. Can you guide me please? Thank you Lez

Message 12 of 17

The secure mail settings are now spot on perfect for the iPhone so I've asked that full access is restored for the tiscali mailbox email address that you will need to have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there - I don't believe it is currently). TalkTalk will need to know the tiscali email address so that access can be switched back on.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 13 of 17

Dear Gondola,

Thank you again for your reply. Please see screen shots. I have made the changes you advised and we are still getting the error message. Can you do the request with talk talk please? 
thank you 

Lez

7639E2FD-3329-415F-9D6E-F59CBA56611B.jpeg0DE76506-7F36-4EC4-A983-9670F3257AA0.jpegA9F3DEE6-D2CE-4921-BC3F-7DA4310CF0C1.jpeg

Message 14 of 17

Unfortunately, the iPhone 14 is not set up in accord with TalkTalk's requirements.

The outgoing mail server must have SSL ON which is the SSL switched to the right so it shows up as green.

You don't show in a screenshot the Incoming settings.

This also requires SSL ON which is the SSL switched to the right so it shows up as green. 

Authentication also by Password

Server port 993

Grateful if you'd confirm those settings are updated.

The password will not authenticate if the mailbox has been limited to webmail only access so let us know if you still get the password error and we'll request TalkTalk switch IMAP access back on to allow the iPhone to authenticate the settings I've given you.

0 Likes

Lezmanning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Gondola,

thank you for reaching out.

I have  checked and I can send and receive emails. 
I have an iPhone 14 running iOS 16.3 right now. 
here are my screen shots of what I set my emails up to look like, I followed it off the talk talk website. Do you need anything else at this time? 

thank you 

Lez

FBB2AFC6-A373-4C97-85D9-1D5A198A9039.jpeg07C39548-A342-49E1-BEAB-F85FA20EFBE4.jpeg
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings..." then the email address receiving that notification has now been limited to webmail only access. It's a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of email connections not secured by TLS 1.2 encryption.

So, have you updated the settings on the iPhone and any other email devices and or mail collection services? Guides below.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design when using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in. Check that you can compose and send and receive mail sent to the same mailbox address.

If your mailbox is limited to webmail only access for both sending and receiving mail, you will be able to get access restored to email apps or email software, including mail collection services, passwords will then re-authenticate, so long as you're ready to use supported email software and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails.

We can advise on device and software compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

The iPhone is capable of using the secure mail settings required for TalkTalk Mail. All devices and services connecting to your mailbox must do so using secure email settings.

For a definitive check of email settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus