cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I cannot receive an email from one sender

Johnmcneill
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi ,

I have been unable to receive emails from one particular sender, this has been since 1/11/2023.

I have noticed in the community help that several others have the same issue.

This is also about the time talktalk revamped the email service.

The sender is a company who I use. I have spoken to them about it. They have been able to send me emails using an outlook account, but not through their business system. 

Something must be blocking this email addresss.

I do not get anything in my spam box.

I cant see that i am blocking them. Can you help please.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

That domain does have SPF authentication and is not blacklisted. So that's good.

Looks like they use Estate Agency Software from 10ninety.co.uk and this package does include sending mail via the sendgrid mail sending service.  Sendgrid does use a mail suppression technique that adds email addresses to a suppression list to stop sending when there are delivery issues even after a retry.

So, my diagnosis is that there was an issue with delivery at the start of November. Ask your contact at 'riverside...' to check via their email admins that your email address is removed from the Sendgrid suppression list.

Let us know the outcome.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondala, 

their email address is @riversideresidentialproperties.co.uk

thanks for your help.

What do I do with this information?

Johnmcneill.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi John

Just need the business email domain to check the domain for full authentication. i.e. just the part of their sending email address after the @ symbol.

If they use a bulk mail service then it's likely that your email address has been put on the suppression list for that service. The business will see that they are sending outgoing messages to the sending service but may be unaware that the sending service has put a stop on sending because of some difficulty in delivery that happened at the start of November.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution