cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Legacy onetel.com email - is it secure?

mashermags
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have a legacy onetel.com email account, which still receives a significant amount of messages, some of which are important. Having given up on using locally installed email clients on my PC to access this, I have now (with some difficulty) managed to access it via, the TalkTalk webmail interface. The security settings for the email servers etc. on the onetel.com account appear to be very basic - can anyone advise whether it is safe to use, and (if not) what I need to do?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Perfect.

Happy days. Happy Christmas!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you again - I am all set up now with webmail access to the legacy onetel.com email account, and at last I have a secure password 🙂

Message 3 of 6

Login to webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail onetel email address, select Continue and enter the onetel password, select Sign in.

• Select the user icon top right
  • Select the menu item Update your reset details
  • Check that you do have password recovery options
    An alternative email address
    A mobile phone number
  • Select the blue Save button

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

You can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

mashermags
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for such a quick response. My password is not very satisfactory, but it has not been changed up to now because the last time I researched this it seemed to be a very complex process to do so.
Is there a simple procedure for changing my password now?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

TalkTalk Mail webmail access is secure by dint of the in-built browser security for creating a secure connection. Use an up to date supported browser like Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari and the only things needed to access securely are the onetel email address and a strong unique password.

The main issue seen with onetel accounts is that users may not have upgraded from the original password in use. 

The password must be a minimum of 8 characters although I recommend 12 - 15 characters, multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol. If your password does not meet the minimum security requirement then your service may be limited to webmail only access and in some cases the password reset to force a password upgrade.

Let us know just in general terms how strong and unique to the email login your password is.