cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lineone email not working

Growlybear83
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

My Lineone email address hasn't been working since Tuesday evening, and having just spent over an hour on the phone with technical support, and other than getting me to reset my password, I'm no further forward.  I was told the technical team would look at this within 48 hours but I'm self employed and need access to my emails, and wondered if one of the experts on here might be able to offer a suggestion please.   I've had to create a new profile on this community as I can't remember my old password and can't recover it because I can't access my emails.....

I haven't received any emails since 18.04 on Tuesday evening on Outlook or Safari, the App isn't working on my phone, and I can't access my email via webmail.   

On Outlook, I get an error message 'Receiving reported error (0x800CCC90).  Your incoming (Pop3) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider.  The server responded -ERR[SYS/TEMP} internal error occurred.     

When I log into Webmail, I can see my inbox but when I click on it, I get this message:

'An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.'
On the App, I can still access my sent items, drafts, and trash, but get an error message to say 'failed to load messages' and also the same message as on webmail.  

I would be so grateful for any advice please.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I'm really sorry, I should have updated this last night.  I had a couple of calls from the technical support people yesterday morning, and was asked to send screenshots of the error messages I was getting.  I started to receive emails again last night, and everything seems to have been sorted out now.   Thanks very much for the replies. 

Message 2 of 14

I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

There's no point in someone calling we need to get a ticket sent over to OX to provide our email platform. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

@dusterman, your own thread has a response from staff. Please follow up on there.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 14

Thanks Ady.  I've tried that, and its still the same.  I had a call from someone in the technical support department this morning, and at her request have sent a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to receive email in outlook, and also a screenshot of what happens when I try to log into webmail.   She said someone should call me back on Friday!  That will be ten days since it stopped working!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi Growlybear83, I've had the email admins check the setup and function of your mailbox on our systems and they're happy that everything is good. They've asked my to double check that you are logging into the correct URL. Just click on the URL I've included to see if you get the same response. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

I have a problem in that a week or so back my Lineone email started playing up due to a "invalid password message" and I have to reset it every few days, my saving grace is that I have a second email address on Talktalk so I can reset the Lineone password. The other problem is that I have fun with Talktalk as I left them and retain the email addresses thro' Mail Plus.

My comment would be that it seems as if Talktalk are playing around with the Lineone service. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

That's helpful to know, thank you very much!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

There's no further staff support,on here before Monday, @Growlybear83.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Growlybear83
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

I'm beyond frustrated.  After spending over an hour on the phone to customer services on Thursday morning, and being promised that  my email would be sorted out within 48 hours, it hasn't been.  I've just spent another hour on the phone, and have been told that my issue has been escalated, and someone from the service technical department will call me back on Monday or Tuesday, by which time I will have been without access to my emails for almost a week.  I'm self employed and work from home, and whilst I mostly use a different account for work, I do still need to be able to access my Lineone account.     If any of the TalkTalk experts are able to look into this for me, I would be so grateful. My case ID is REP-1367 7272.  

0 Likes

Growlybear83
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

I should have mentioned that I can still send emails.  My husband’s LineOne email address is working normally as well. 

0 Likes

Growlybear83
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Thanks so much for your reply. I’ve tried webmail using Safari on my phone and MacBook as well but still can’t access my in box.  All I can see is the number of unread emails.  

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Growlybear83, I'm showing you as logged in last night. There are 1481 mails unread in your mailbox. Have you tested webmail in an alternate web browser?

Ady

0 Likes