cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lineone.net has stopped working

argchichester
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My lineone.net email account has stopped working today 30/10/2023.

Webmail is ok but I get a "Cannot connect to pop3 server" error from MailwasherPro.

However my tiscali.co.uk account is working with the same settings as my lineone.net account (server name mail.talktalk.net and server port 995).

Help please.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

If the incoming port number is 995 then that will accept POP3 secure commands. The IMAP secure protocol would be accepted only via port 993.

But if you mean that you're using POP3 commands but the mail messages stay on the server in the Inbox then that's the normal way that Mailwasher works isn't it? i.e. it downloads but does not delete from the server.

Just double check via TalkTalk Mail webmail that you don't have an unauthorised sign in to the mailbox. Via the main settings cog icon top right, select the menu item All settings and then the Security option in the left pane. Select Sign out from all devices. That's just to ensure your mailbox wasn't compromised and a hacker still signed in. Also check via the avatar icon and the Update your reset details that you do recognise both of the password recovery options you have listed - the mobile number and alternate email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 8

@AndyUK 

Good to hear you are up and running again.

No idea how or why my password got corrupted but managed to sort it out.

Waiting to see if it stays put now!

Regards Tony

0 Likes

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

I experienced the same problem.  I was unable to access my lineone.net emails via the android gmail app earlier this evening but it's now working again without me having to alter any settings or change my password.

Message 4 of 8

@Gondola 

Ok I think I have fixed it.

I have done a password reset on the account and it seems to be working now but has somehow transformed into an IMAP account rather than a POP3.

I can cope with that.

Why this has happened is totally beyond me but at least I have email back again.

Until next time.....

Tony

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 5 of 8

@Gondola No idea what is happening!

I am now getting an incorrect password error for my lineone.net account.

In my Talktalk settings the account is now IMAP and I can't change it back to POP3.

I cannot log into obscured for customer security via webmail!!!!

Please help me this is crazy as I have now totally lost my primary email account!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hello Gondola.

Many thanks for your reply.

I am using the latest version of MailwasherPro 7.12.173.

I have checked my settings and I am using SSL/TLS and the server name and port number are as you suggest.

These settings are exactly the same as for my tiscali.co.uk account which is working fine in Mailwasher.

I have not made any changes to my system, this problem just arose today.

Tony

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi Tony

Good to know that webmail is working for both Lineone and Tiscali email accounts.

I know we previously discussed the importance of using mail collection software that supports TLS 1.2 as a minimum security requirement.

The settings below are for MailWasher and a POP3 email account:

NB Mailwasher must be at least Version 7 to support TLS1.2 secure encryption and I believe that's the case with your version of MailWasher Pro. You use POP3 so I'll give the settings for a POP3 secure email setup with Mailwasher for all TalkTalk Mail domains including both Lineone.net and Tiscali.co.uk.

Mailwasher

Go to Settings > Accounts > Incoming

• Server Type: (Select dropdown) - POP3
  • Server Address: mail.talktalk.net
  • Server Port: 995
  • Tick - This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
  • Username: Your TalkTalk email address
  • Password: Your TalkTalk email password

Select the Outgoing tab

• SMTP server Address: smtp.talktalk.net
  • Server Port Number: 587
  • Tick - SMTP Server Requires Authentication?
  • Tick - Use the following login:
    Username: Your TalkTalk email address
    Password: Your TalkTalk email password
  • Secure Connection? (Select dropdown) - STARTTLS or if not available then TLS

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution