cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mail (1 unread)

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi all, yesterday I logged onto my main webmail and found a shiny new version, on the top left of the page I have an envelope icon complete with red dot and when I hover the cursor over it it tells me that I have " Mail (1 unread) but all the messages on screen have been opened and read.

It is not a problem but does anyone know how to clear it? (clicking on the envelope does nothing)

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thank you so much for the compliment.

Nice to know you found the unread message. It's good that the red dot indicator was there to show you that there was unread mail waiting.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola you are a genius !

I was looking in my inbox, the unread mail was one of a large file of photographs and I had missed one when going through them, I opened it and the annoying little red dot has gone!

Thanks as usual much appreciated.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi LUDDITE 

The red dot and hover message is telling you that there's one unread message in the mailbox. If there are no unread messages and the red dot is just an uncleared indicator then it should clear on the next auto-refresh that's normally set for a 5 minute refresh cycle or you can refresh the mailbox by selecting the refresh icon from the top right header icons.

To help you identify folders containing unread messages there's a number in blue after the folder name in the folder view in the left panel. One of those folders should have a number 1. To see the folder view if only icons are displayed on the left there's an icon that looks like an open book bottom left corner. Select that open book icon to open the folder view.

When you identify the folder that has an unread message, select that folder and in the List view any unread message will be prefixed by a blue dot to indicate unread. Select the blue dot to clear or just select the message to read it.

Top right of the List view there's a triple dots icon for more message options. You can select to view Unread messages or Select to mark all messages as read. The option to mark all messages as read in a folder is also available on the triple dots menu after the folder name.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution