cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mobile email

sutton4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have 4 talktalk email addresses, and use all these 4 regularly from my PC. But my mobile will only receive email for my main address, unified email does not function on my mobile. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The TalkTalk Mobile app was launched as a trial in 2020 but discontinued on 13 April 2022.  The TalkTalk Mail platform vendor has also ceased support for mobile apps. The mobile browser version of TalkTalk Mail is still supported.

However, this is not the root cause of not seeing mail messages for secondary added TalkTalk email accounts. That issue is an authentication fail for the secondary TalkTalk accounts. You can get temporary access by re-entering and saving the secondary account password. That will create an encrypted password that will be re-authenticated and mail messages for that secondary account will be displayed. This will last until the authentication times out. When re-authentication is retried that authentication may succeed or it may fail in which case you'll be back where you are now.

For a permanent solution I can only suggest at this time that you use one of the following workarounds:

• Sign out of the primary account and sign in to a secondary account
  • Add the email accounts to a non-TalkTalk email app like the Gmail app, for example

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

sutton4
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I use a Moto G6PLAY. On it I have the TalkTalk app. On starting the app, there are 3 folder sets on it. The first one is called Unified mail, where each subfolder (Inbox, Draft etc) has a little symbol before its name , secondly another folder set, also called Unified mail, and with the same subfolder sets but without the symbols. But both these folder sets are empty -  they respond with Error, failed to load messages. Then there is the third folder set, just headed talktalk.net, with Inbox, Drafts etc, all having the correct mails for my main talktalk address, but with nothing for my other 3 addresses. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

There is an issue with authentication for a unified mailbox for TalkTalk Mail access via an Internet browser / webmail.  There shouldn't be a problem with setting up email accounts on a mobile email app.

Tell us how you're using a unified mailbox on the mobile. If not via an Internet browser then which model 'phone do you use? What's the operating system version and which email software and version is in use?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution