cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

My emails still going to peoples spam

Wma1234
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

My emails are still going to peoples spam

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Any incoming mail to Gmail is subject to the same Gmail policy. That includes talktalk.net.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Johnian
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Does this apply to tiscali accounts only or tlktalk.net as well?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

We understand here on Community that the Talk Talk Mail team have done what they can. They do not have an ability to override a Gmail policy decision.

Frankly I think it's a two faced policy given that Gmail accounts have been responsible for a tidal wave of spam hitting the TalkTalk network.

Message 4 of 10

I am only setting up a new email address because tiscali cant sort it you have said ….ive been with tiscali many years 

very disapointing that u cant resolve this issue

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

You know their email addresses. So you can contact them using the new email address you are going to change to.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10
Not sure how you can  get a message to everyone to do that when my emails are going into spam 
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

If you don't get a bounceback mail delivery notification telling you the delivery has failed then the delivery of fully authenticated mail from TalkTalk will have been made to the recipient mail service.

What that mail service then does is out of TalkTalk's control. Gmail, for example, has a new policy that will dump mail into Spam folders without even checking for spam if more than 3 in 1000 messages from any mail service are marked as spam by recipients. If those recipients mark your mail as Not spam then it'll get delivered to the Inbox.

Noted that you're going to change your email address. That of course is an option.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Yes ive asked people to look as they have said not received my email when i have contacted them to see why they havent responded

I have not realised this was happening till recently

i think im going to have to change my email address as i cant be sending emails not knowing if people have received them or not ?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Is this Gmail spam only? And you know this because the recipients have told you. Please ask the recipients to look in their Spam folder, select your email and mark it as Not spam. This will tell the mail service not to put your email in the Spam folder and to deliver it to the Inbox as it should be.

0 Likes