email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Email account failure

watercolour
Team Player
Message 1 of 3

I deleted one of the five email addresses talktalk provides in the manage email addresses page and now want to add a new address.  I gave it a name and password, but it hasn't appeared yet on the list of addresses.  How long does it take or has something gone wrong?

There was no indication that the address name was already taken and the input box gave a green tick against both name and password.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @watercolour 

The green ticks appear only as a check that the characters used for the local part of the email address and the password are acceptable.

Only when you press the Create button does the system check the databases.  If the email address is not accepted then normally at the head of the Manage TalkTalk Mail page you'll get a 'something went wrong try again' banner.  

When the system accepts the email address you should see a green banner indicating the mailbox has successfully been created and the address will appear in the list straight away. 

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Confirmation of creating a mailbox.png

The answer is to have another try and see if you can be creative with the address such that it's original and never been used before.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 3

Hi watercolour, I'll leave you in Gondola's capable hands. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.