cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New webmail teething problems

BiGD01
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Over past fortnight experiencing problems with TalkTalk webmail on desktop ethernet connected device and Android mobile phone. Service crashes and hangs and sometimes when attempting to send message fails and goes to draft folder while other times indicates failed however message actually sent after all.  In comparison with previous platform find frustratingly slow sometimes and having been online webchat with TalkTalk technical team getting nowhere having tried suggestions to no avail . It was blamed on my desktop pc which is fully UpToDate with ample RAM and storage capacity. I am fed up of the issues with TalkTalk webmail and need a working email for important correspondence. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Ady-TalkTalk

Thank you for your message, 

There were issues when using TalkTalk webmail on Android mobile however appear to have resolved. Justcompleted another reset of Chrome browser disabling the extensions. Computer is desktop windows 11 based PC with ample RAM and storage. 

Cheers

BiGD01 

Message 3 of 8

Hello Gondola

Thank you some useful suggestions and tips some of which have tried however shall try some of your recommendations.

Cheers

BiGD01

Message 4 of 8

Hi BiGD01, are you having the same issue on both android device and the desktop device? As Gondola says we need the extra information to help you find the problem.  Please also confirm if you can load other pages normally when you're experiencing the issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

You said you needed a working email so I gave you a solution. It's always wise to have an email app / email client software synchronised to the mailbox as an alternative way of viewing and sending your mail messages and it would prove that your mailbox is working as expected.

I don't see what you see or how your device is set up or what's causing the connection problem or crashes. I cannot replicate those issues here. If you wish to troubleshoot then a good place to start is telling us what your device is, what the operating system version is and what Internet browser you're using.

Then to make sure the browser does not have any corrupt content or cookies stored to Reset the browser to default settings that also switches off any add-ons or extensions that may be causing a conflict. It's also worth testing with an ad-blocker enabled and disabled to see if there's any conflict with specific adverts or the code they use. Some Internet security software has caused issues in the past so let us know what you have actively running.

And worth trying an alternative browser. So if you use Chrome, try Firefox or Edge. Try Edge if you use any other browser.

Let us know the answers to the questions and what happens after resetting your browser of choice and trying an alternative browser, with and without ad-blocking, with and without Internet security enabled then temporarily disabled just so we know if there's a noticeable difference in response time / glitches.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BiGD01
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your suggestion and much appreciated. For now prefer not to add third party solution and have TalkTalk webmail functioning properly with platform working on desktop PC as previously fine before TalkTalk upgraded webmail.

Cheers BiGD01 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi BiGD01 

Try the BlueMail desktop and mobile email apps. TalkTalk Mail supports IMAP connections and BlueMail sets itself up easily using just the Email address and password.  Let us know how you get on with those options.

It's the alternative to using webmail via a browser if the issues you see are due to the browser / device. The desktop does need to be a minimum of Windows 10 and the browser recommendation is the latest version of Chrome, Edge or Firefox. The Android version is a minimum of Android 4.1, preferably Android 5 or newer.

But is the problem a connectivity issue? A fail to send might indicate a broadband connection problem.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution