cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reseting Community Account password

SillyBadger
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I am trying to reset my original community Account, ScammedAgain after my browser cache got messed up, which I was sure is under my Tiscali email, I have tried resetting password using that (and all my known email addresses and I get no response from any of them).  Is this a mail issue with the email blocking the reset link or something? - i think i last logged in about 4 months ago

Thanks. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Welcome back. I haven't seen you in ages!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ScammedAgain
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

and today it worked *shrug*

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If your tiscali email address was the one getting email notifications from Community when we were last discussing the MailPlus MyAccount inability to login issue then yes, I'd say you were using the tiscali email address for the former Community Username linked email.

Sorry to say that the MyAccount login issue hasn't been fixed and that's because the customer MyAccounts have additional security protection that prevents password or username (email address) changes to be made from non-TalkTalk network IP addresses. TalkTalk haven't taken account that MailPlus customers will not be connected to the TalkTalk network.  There are workarounds and customers don't need access to a MyAccount to manage their subscription.

In theory, you have a customer MailPlus MyAccount despite not being able to access it, so the same email address should flag as valid for the Community login. Assuming the repeated retries haven't permanently locked you out of getting a password reset I would say you should be able to get a password reset sent. Try again tomorrow at least 24 hours after the last retry.

0 Likes

SillyBadger
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I only have the Tiscali email address nothing else so I don't know about that, as far as I am aware I still cant sign into my account properly due to the bug for MailPlus customers ?

And based on the posts made here https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/m-p/2845528#M156582 that suggests my account was made using the Tiscali email 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I've just tested the password reset process for Community and it appears to be working.

Heads up that the email address for Community will be the same email address for an active TalkTalk customer MyAccount  Is that the case for your former Community username?

Are you sure you have the correct email address? It'll be unique to that former Community member name. i.e. not the same as the one you're using now that's associated with the new Community login. Is that email address the one for your TalkTalk customer MyAccount?

0 Likes