cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail tells me I have been “deactivated”. And will not let me Sign in anymore. Help!

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Late this afternoon I find that Webmail has logged me out. Due to inactivity. Something which I had not experienced before. And I thought maybe a feature of the upgrading of the service.

However since then, when I try to Sign in to Webmail, the following is displayed:
User is deactivated
(AUTHORIZATION-0001)

So I was expecting to find lots of posts on this forum from other Webmail users, about the same problem. But I do not even see one. Errrrrrrrr. What have I done to bring this upon me? And how do I get back to where I can log in to Webmail again?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 15

Hi Tobermory, make sure all devices are using the correct URL. If any have the legacy URL you'll get the deactivated message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 15

Whatever new features the “upgraded” Webmail may provide are of no use to me, when I am not able to Sign in to access my a/c.

So I was far better off with the previous Webmail software, as I was able to use it to read e-mails sent to me and send e-mails.

I never experience such issues with my Gmail a/c, which I have been able to access reliably for two decades.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Ady has had the email address checked - the one you use with Community to receive email notifications.

If it's a different email address you have problems with then put that email address in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes and Save changes.

OX refers to Open-Xchange as I've explained. The error message comes from the OX email platform as it's a standard message when the mailbox has been deleted or suspended/barred.

You failed to tell me what response you get from the Verifalia check. Does that say 'Undeliverable' or 'Deliverable'? 

As you didn't reply to that we didn't get on to the next bit of troubleshooting which is dealing with a suspended or barred mailbox by upgrading the password assuming you do have password recovery Reset details saved.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 15

References to “OX systems” are beyond my understanding. Apologies for being stupid.

What I do know is that this is displayed in the Webmail GUI:

Webmail “Sign in” promptWebmail “Sign in” prompt

And when I mouse the [Sign in] button the below is produced:

Webmail “Sign in” failure messageWebmail “Sign in” failure message

Which prevents me accessing my TalkTalk e-mail a/c.

I will reiterate that the TalkTalk Developers should know where in their software that AUTHORIZATION-0001 message is generated, in response to a User providing e-mail address and password attempting to Sign in. Which would help any competent programmer to identify where the problem is in their code and rectify it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Tobermory, if the mailbox you're having trouble with is the one you used to register on the community then I can confirm its in full working order in terms of OX systems. I'm not saying that you're not seeing the issue, just that OX systems show and active and working mailbox.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 15

Thank you, Gondola.

I am still not able to access my e-mail through the “upgraded” Webmail GUI. I note that there are now several other threads on this forum reporting the same problem.

The TalkTalk Developers will know where in their software the AUTHORIZATION-0001 message is generated, in response to a User providing e-mail address and password attempting to Sign in:

So that will help them to identify where the problem is in their code.

It would be helpful if TalkTalk keep us informed about their progress with resolving this issue.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

TalkTalk Mail is provided by Open-Xchange (known as OX) and their default sign-in page is what I'm currently seeing when using Firefox.

Is the mailbox active? Does Verifalia confirm it's 'Deliverable'?

I cannot replicate what you're seeing for any of my three mailboxes - two migrated to the new platform and one still on the old platform. So I'll ask TalkTalk Support to investigate. There is clearly a difference between how different browsers are handling the sign in process currently and I know the TalkTalk Mail team are looking at issues of some devices not being able to sign in. 

Inevitably, they'll want to know your device type, operating system version, browser version and what Internet Security products are active and Ad-blockers are active just because these type of software do alter the browser response to websites.

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

I was able to Sign in to the Webmail GUI without any issues, until late yesterday afternoon. Since when I have not been able to access my e-mails because of the problems I have previously described.

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

Not sure what an OX Mail sign in is.

However, I found the instructions for how to clear the Cache. And I did so. Then I did the same for the Cookies. And I also tried using Google Chrome. But I still encounter the same problems as previously described.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Just to follow up, I've been testing and see that Firefox loads the default OX Mail sign in for legacy domains whereas Chrome and Edge load up the customised TalkTalk Mail sign in.

So if you continue to have issues and are using Firefox then try Chrome or Edge for the time being. Cookies must be saved and retained.

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Hi, Gondola.

When I mouse that link (“Sign in to TalkTalk Mail []”) all that is displayed is a white screen with an incomplete circle in the centre. As screen grab below:

Webmail opening screenWebmail opening screen

That’s what I stated in my previous post.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

I recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies just to remove any persistent out of date cookies or corrupt cookies / page content. Or try a different Internet browser. The current and immediately previous versions of Firefox, Chrome and Edge are supported.

Then retry and let us know what happens.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi, Gondola.

When I mouse the link, all that is displayed is a white screen with an incomplete circle in the centre. As screen grab below:

Webmail opening screenWebmail opening screen

This is a screen grab of the Sign in failure message:

Cute software “upgrade” by the TT team. Guessing that the Webmail GUI upgrade was only tested in the context of a Smartphone app’, or similar.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi Tobermory 

If the mailbox is active and not been suspended for security reasons then you'll be able to sign in using the normal sign in links.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Let us know what happens.