cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No access to email other than Webmail

ClaireReece
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 17 of 17

Hi There,

My wife's email has decided to stop allowing her access via any apple devise and only via webmail. Reading on here looks like mailbox access needs rebuilding by talk talk. Any advise or help please?

obscured for customer security

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

That's good news.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 17

2nd one became functional this afternoon since I sent earlier request today. Thank you again

Message 3 of 17

Hi ClaireReece, both of the mailboxes in your profile are fully functional. Is there another that you might need help with?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Gondola,

Any chance you could nudge Ady again please?

regards

Message 5 of 17

That's great as both do support secure mail with TalkTalk. I'm hoping Ady will pick up on Monday or asap to get you both back in action.

Message 6 of 17

Hi there,

My MacBook Pro is running Ventura 13.3

Wifes Macbook Pro is running Ventura 13.1

Hope this may help

Regards

Scott

Message 7 of 17

I'll push a reminder into the TalkTalk Support workflow.

I cannot see that you answered the question about the MacBook OS versions. What is the MacOS? Anything prior to MacOS 10.12 Sierra does not support secure mail so should not be used. Worth just confirming that the OS is at least version 10.12 I think.

Message 8 of 17

Hi Ady

My wife's email has now returned but not mine - please can you chase or look into?

Best regards

Scott (chipfat)

Message 9 of 17

Hi Scott, I've added your mailboxes to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete. If hers worked and is blocked again then her settings are incorrect and it will be restricted again.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 17

Many thanks for this.

After talking to the wife it transpires hers are no longer working again. 

I have added my email address and hers within the Personal information as requested.

Appreciate your help - again I triple checked all the SSL incoming/outgoing tick boxes and ports on her iPhone, MacBook, plus my iPhone, iPad Pro and MacBook Pro.

Appreciate the help!

Scott Reece

Message 11 of 17

Please add the email address to your Community profile Private notes please. I'll push a request in.

Private Message

Message 12 of 17

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for sorting this for my wife. Alas TalkTalk have now done this to my email address as well,

obscured for customer security

despite all my settings on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro being with SSL ticked and the correct ports for incoming and outgoing selected!

Please can you raise this and request re-activation ASAP?

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi ClaireReece, I've added the email address to those to be restored to normal working order. 

Ady

Message 14 of 17

TalkTalk Support will respond here first and may give you an estimate. I'd say it's unlikely to be restored until next week.

What is the MacOS? Anything prior to MacOS 10.12 Sierra does not support secure mail so should not be used.

ClaireReece
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi There.

I Have updated her phone settings ready. I cant do her MacBook as I deleted the mail account so will add as new once mailbox is resolved on her phone. How long would this normally take?

regards

Scott 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi ClaireReece 

Your thoughts are good and the mailbox access for the apple devices does need to be restored by TalkTalk.

The reason access was withdrawn was as a last resort because of continued use of insecure email settings on the Apple devices. So action does need to be taken by the user to use only secure settings. I'll request that full access is restored on the basis that only secure connections will be made from here on to the mailbox.

Guides given below. If you need help then the best way is to take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area or picture icon if using a mobile browser. I'll double check the settings for you. Note that the devices will still come up with a password error because until TalkTalk do restore full access the device will not authenticate a connection. But that connection must be setup to use the recommended secure settings.

Also worth asking if any other devices or mail collection services are used by her or anyone else authorised to access the mailbox. Every device or mail collection service must use secure settings.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad