cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No talktalk email on external devies since 17th February 2023

andyB7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Please can you help me I have not been able to gain access via Outlook and Samsung Mail app since last Friday. I understand others on here have posted this problem, something to do with non encrypted connection? Talktalk tech support deny all knowledge that it is their problem but both went down at the same time so it unlikely to be a coincidence.

Please can anyone advice how to resolve this as it is frustrating

Andy  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi andyB7, I haven't had your mailbox restored. It is showing full service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

On 26th February I said to you "You must cease using Outlook 2007 because it does not support secure mail."

So if you've ignored that advice and Outlook 2007 has downloaded all mail messages OR if your unnamed 'new' Outlook software has been set up as a POP3 email account then you'll find the mail messages in the Inbox of the Outlook software.

Ady will have said if your mailbox has got full access. There was a notice on Service Status indicating that from 23rd some mailboxes will be able to receive mail but not send.

So, what's your new Outlook software?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

andyB7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Hi there 

I think the restriction has been lifted from my email account but I have have another problem now. Now it has been activated my entire Inbox has been downloaded to my old 2007 outlook software and emptied my Talktalk webmail Inbox! 

I can received messages into the old outlook but cannot send. My new Outlook software was received messages yesterday but not today as with my phones Samsung Mail account.

Can please some help me this is driving me insane! 

thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Andy, the advice from Gondola is spot on.  Please let us know when you're using the secure mail settings and a suitable mail client.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 11

Hi Andy, please confirm the mail settings you're using match the ones in the Email Settings help article. What mail client/s are you using?

Ady

Message 6 of 11

I've merged your topics and I can see that TalkTalk Support have not yet responded to your topic of 23rd.

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

You must cease using Outlook 2007 because it does not support secure mail. If Outlook 2007 continues to connect to your mailbox you'll find that TalkTalk may withdraw device access completely and leave you with webmail only access that is what you have right now. The Samsung S8 is capable of secure mail on the latest update of the Samsung email app.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Message 7 of 11

Please can someone from Talktalk help me.

After the notifications sent to me about updating my settings on my talktalk email account i still cannot get access to my email on applications except on talktalk webmail applications.

I have double check my settings several times but they are not gaining access.

I am now convinced that talktalk has restricted access on my email account for some reason and I would like this corrected ASAP can anybody help please as this is stressing me out!

Talktalk Customer Services are seem pretty useless in solving this problem

Also why is this community so complicated? I took me ages to find the area where could post a message!

I hope someone can help me. 

Andy 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

I did see the guidance from Talktalk, I did not quite understand it as I am not that Tech minded. I thought it was referring to the out going server ( STMP) I have problems connecting to the incoming server (POP/ IMAP)

I would appreciate any help you can give

Andy

0 Likes

andyB7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

I am currently have Outlook 2007 and a Samsung S8 phone. I think the operating system is Android 9. 

It was all working fine until last Friday so what has changed?

Andy

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

What version of Outlook is it and on what device Operating system and what's the model of Samsung and the Android Operating system?  I'll tell you if the software / devices are compatible with secure mail.

Have you followed the TalkTalk guidance in the recent notification email from TalkTalk?