email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting to server to send or receive email

Tom Parsons
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi All,

I am having trouble with receiving and sending email.  All my details are correct, but the server won't lt me in.  It was happening from the middle of yesterday and still this morning.  Any service problems anyone knows about? I am in South East London  

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

@StephenF wrote:
Hi NIgel,
We have no known issues with email at the moment...

Really? Because it's being going on for more than 24 hours and, when phoned this morning, your support desk knew about it. Eventually. After going past the dashboard and actually querying the system.

Of course I can't confirm it's still a problem because, after almost 2 hours in the queue, your phone system disconnected me because it's the end of your working day -- a working day during which a problem that "doesn't exist" hasn't been solved.

But feel free to tell me to start a new thread about my problem. It can sit there with all the other Tiscali account authentication problem threads which also aren't actual problems...

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
Hi NIgel,
We have no known issues with email at the moment but the status page is updated the moment we do, that isn't to say you or someone else may not have an issue affecting your account, if you have an issue with your own mailbox please create your own topic so that we can help you with your own issue whatever that may be.
Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

@Gondola wrote:

But if you have a different issue then start your own topic in the appropriate Help forum.

Thank you for making my point for me. There are already dozens of posts about variations of this same issue -- the inability to authenticate against the "old account" servers to send email -- many of which could have been avoided if TalkTalk updated their status page.

They have "no reported issues with Email right now" -- incredible, considering I spent half an hour on the phone with them reporting the issue...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

...and there has just been a widespread issue with an outage and that incident can be tracked on the Service Status (Websites) page and in the banner underneath for resolved outages.

But if you have a different issue then start your own topic in the appropriate Help forum.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 5 of 10

Total inability to authenticate against smtp.tiscali.co.uk to send email may not be a "widespread issue" to you, but it's an important issue for many.

From the Status page:

"...if it's green, there's nothing to report."

If not being able to use a paid-for service is "nothing", I wonder what "something" will be?

Service Status should be a first-line filter for support calls, not a misrepresentation of reality.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Tom

If you're using an email client like Outlook then if your webmail sign in proves ok just re-enter and save the password when Outlook prompts and you should be ok.

If still having trouble then post back.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Good morning Nigel Smith

The Service Status is green across the board because there are no widespread issues to report at this moment.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

And yet the Service Status Dashboard is green across the board. Imagine how much customers' time and frustration would be saved if it reflected reality rather than wishful thinking.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Tom

There has been an issue with sign in password authentication for the mail server. Hopefully you'll not have changed any passwords. Some password changes may not have been registered on the server.

So, to check your mailbox password and check the mailbox is functioning normally please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.  When signed in send yourself a mail message from and to the same mailbox address and check the message is in the Sent objects folder and appears and stays in the Inbox.

0 Likes