cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving talktalk emails in Gmail or Outlook

andysprite
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Since  12/01/24 I have not been receiving emails to my Talktalk email address in Gmail {Chrome} or Windows Outlook. I am however getting them in Talktalk Webmail. In Chrome I get the error message 'Authentication failed'.

I tried the webchat on the Talktalk website but they have not helped so far.

What can I do?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Is your mailbox password strong enough? The mailbox authentication has probably detected a weak or compromised password and declined to connect to your mailbox to force a password change. Please take time to upgrade your password.

Hopefully you'll have pre-registered for password recovery an alternate email address and mobile number. Either can be selected in the password reset process to receive an emailed link or a 6 digit code by mobile text message to authenticate a password change. It's worth checking that password recovery Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your TalkTalk email address and your email password, select Sign in.  Update your reset details is an option on the user avatar menu top right.  Check, update and Save the Reset details if needed, then use the Reset password now button in the help page  Changing your email password.

My recommendation is to exceed the minimum required and use a password of 12-15 multicase letters and numbers and a symbol. A new password created from multiple words gives an opportunity to memorise the password that, for security, needs to be unique to the mailbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution