cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails not being received for some senders, started happening a couple of days ago

Cloud68
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 11 of 11

Also seem to be getting this problem.

Not receiving emails from my daughter - her email address is outlook.com.   First time we had a problem, a TT992 error report came to her Inbox (this was on 1st January - it was working on 25th December).  Since then, all emails she sends from that email address simply vanish (whether sent from Outlook webmail, Outlook client, or an mobile phone email client).  If she uses delivery-receipt, she gets a message confirming that the mail has been received by the TalkTalk servers but they never arrive at TalkTalk webmail, or at my Outlook client.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

1 email every 3 or 4 days would enable you to check if it was working again. I'm afraid we don't have a whitelist facility. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

So what is she supposed to do to be able to send emails to anyone who has an email address with TalkTalk and why has her email address incorrectly identified as a spammer email address between Christmas and New Year?  How can she have her email address white-listed?  Also, without sending emails, how will we know when the problem has been resolved?  Please advise next steps.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Cloud68, all but 2 of the many emails sent are blocked as spam. Please don't send anymore tests or the email sender will never recover their mail reputation with TalkTalk.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

Good to know that there's nothing diverting mail from the online Inbox.

I assume that your self-send test also arrived and stayed in the Inbox?

The request for TalkTalk to check for blocking of external inbound mail is ready for action next week.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Private notes updated.

In Rules, it says "There is no rule defined" and Auto forward is Off.

My daughter is sending me a test email every day.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Put your daughter's email address in your Community profile Private notes along with your own email address (note which is which) and I'll ask TalkTalk Support to run a check on delivery of mail from her address. That check will happen from Monday onwards and they'll need a date to check. I suggest she sends you an email today or on Sunday.

In the meantime check you have no Rules that may be diverting mail from your Inbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

Message 7 of 11

I am receiving other emails, but emails from my daughter are not coming through and I suspect I may be losing other emails too.   No emails from my contacts are going into the Spam folder.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Please give the answers only for your webmail mailbox please. In particular, the check on the online Spam folder.

I assume you do receive other mail messages direct to the online mailbox Inbox?

Cloud68
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Emails still not coming through - not going into junk/spam, not going into deleted items.   No error being sent back to indicate any problem, but Delivery Receipt shows that the email has been received by "the Remote Server" (a TalkTalk server).

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

The previous TT992 hard block on all outlook.com mail was because of a flood of spam outgoing from the same servers shared with many users including your daughter.

The hard block has been relaxed but mail may be flagged as possible spam and be delivered to the Spam folder.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

If mail did get flagged as Spam then select Not spam from the toolbar.