cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Now using Thunderbird

pstratton
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 9 of 9

Hi

@Gondola my mum was one of many who lost her email access and was restricted to webmail only following years of using outdated tech/programs.  I now have her on latest Thunderbird release and have updated all security settings as advised and can provide screen shots via PM if required.  I've seen on multiple posts/threads that you are very helpful in getting email access reinstated with proper evidence.  Is this something that you can arrange for my mum, or advise so that I can get it requested directly?

Many thanks for your time

Kind regards

Robin

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

You're welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Robin, both mailboxes in your profile have full access. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

Hi

@Chris-TalkTalk has my mum's pop3 access been re instated?  If so, I'll get her to try thunderbird

kind regards

robin

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi pstratton,

How are you getting on, has Gondola's advice helped?

Chris

Message 6 of 9

Hi Robin

Thunderbird email settings are perfect. When POP3 access is switched back on the email account will authenticate the connection.

To receive and send email the email password will be prompted to be entered. Tick the remember password box before entering the password and that password will be saved by Thunderbird as a Saved Login for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

pstratton
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

@Gondola 

many thanks.  I apologise, I didn't realise the post was closed.  I am also used to forums where they prefer "re-use" of threads, rather than new topics.  I am unable to PM so attach shots here to check.  I found your info regarding private notes in other threads and so have hopefully put the required info there already.  Once again, thank you.

billing_smtp.pngBilling_server.pngmail_smtp.pngmail_server.pngversion.png
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi Robin

In response to your @mention on a closed topic you'll have seen that I've moved your retitled post to its own new topic for individual help. To save time I've asked TalkTalk Support to check that full access is switched on for the mailbox email address that you will need to have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there for TalkTalk Support to see - master mailbox address if normally using an alias address)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, mum can continue to use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Yes, please feel free to PM the screenshots and I'll happily confirm the settings for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution