cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

OLD TISCALI EMAIL CHECK IF STILL ACTIVE

Badac6
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I'm trying to help my mother in law she can't access her old Tiscali account it’s saying it’s not active any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi Badac6 

It's possible that the tiscali email address has been limited to webmail only access or had the password reset, and if by TalkTalk that'll be  for security.

Ask your mother in law to try the webmail sign in. If there's an error message let us know what that is.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter the full TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address and tiscali password, select Sign in.

If webmail works but some other access method does not work then what devices and email software is in use?

If she believes the email address is deleted then be aware that mailboxes are flagged for deletion if the user doesn't sign in at least once every 180 days. The help page  Deleted Email error message explains more.

So first you'd check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the Reset password now button in the Help page  Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted or no domain error message or if you actually do have password recovery options saved.

Let us know the outcome in each case.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution