cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Old talktalk email account

MervD
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I no longer have an account or password with talktalk, but still have an email account that I want to delete. Can you advise me on how to permanently remove it please.

regards Mervyn Deeley

2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi MervD,

I can see that Gondola has pointed you in the right direction, please let us know if you need any further information

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

As you're not a TalkTalk Consumer customer and don't have an active MyAccount then the self help email deletion via MyAccount isn't available to you.

But you still do have access to the TalkTalk Data Protection Team.  
 Understanding your data rights (GDPR).  Your Right to Erasure is the relevant section for the DP Team to take your instruction to delete the email address and mailbox.

Bear in mind they'll need sufficient proof that you are the registered user of the email address. Proof of who you are and a postal address and 'phone number to link you to the initial registration of the email address. This is just to make sure they're not deleting an email address registered to someone else.

Let us know how you get on. You should receive written confirmation to your home postal address normally within 2 weeks but allowing up to 30 days.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution