cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Onetel SMTP not working

tonkineselover
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My wife has onetel.com email but for the last few weeks the SMTP no longer works. IMAP is fine and she can log into webmail and send from there and we reset her password to ensure it was strong enough, and we installed the Apple Mail profile from the webmail interface.

We are at a loss to what we are doing wrong. 

When we contact support they say she doesn't have a TalkTalk account (we pay for fibre on my account) so they can not help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

tonkineselover
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the help, that worked! So the only issue was that the email address wasn't assigned to Talk Talk account?

Trevor

P.S please feel free to close.

Message 2 of 5

Hi tonkineselover, please send me a personal message with the affected email address and I'll add it to your account to ensure it has permissions for use of mail sending from a client. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Ady,

yes 100% the details are correct. IMAP works just not SMTP. If you could add it to my account it would be easier to get support, thank you!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi tonkineselover, have you checked she's using the correct email settings. You'll find the right ones in the Email Settings help article. Would you like me to add her email address to your account?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes