email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Email - suspend or delete please!

Glasgowsimon
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

How do I delete an old Pipex account?

I no longer use it but getting lots of dodgy emails and threats from hackers wanting money.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Simon

Many thanks for taking time out to let us know the Data Protection team are doing a great job, effectively and promptly.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

That's great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Update!

Sent off all the info as suggested. Got a letter back within a week to confirm receipt of my info.

Today got the letter to confirm deletion!

Thanks for your help and advice folks. Problem solved for me. Sadly think there must be hundreds or thousands in the same situation finding it really difficult to work out what to do. Hoping TalkTalk can make it easier to find the information in future.

Cheers

Message 4 of 8

Hi Glasgowsimon, they're a good team. I'm sure it won't take long.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks to you both, letter sent today, fingers crossed they will respond swiftly.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Glasgowsimon,

I can see that Gondola has pointed you in the right direction, please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Simon

The email account deletion is managed by TalkTalk's Data Protection team in the same way as deletion of any other personal data stored by TalkTalk.  Now that scammers have got hold of your email address the deletion of the account is a good choice.

You just need to follow the guidance in Access information we hold on you scroll down and expand the section on the Right to Erasure.

In addition to the proof of your identity you'll need to verify you're the registered user of the email address with the following information:

• The full email address for deletion
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Your current contact details

Reports say that the process is handled quickly but do please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

If your email account or password have been compromised you may find out how by entering the email address at haveibeenpwned.com it could help you to safeguard other accounts.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution