cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Poor customer service

Mracharris
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Having spoken to customer service about Internet not connecting to my router even tho my broadband is working fine I was told, well what do you expect us to do about it if your Internet is working there is nothing we can do about it, and then so called manager hung up phone on me, I find your customer service extremely poor and very rude, also when trying to connect my alexa show to my TV I was told to do a complete factory reset on my device, having done this my alexa show 5 now no longer works at all having complained to talk talk about this I was told if you buy yourself a new echo 5 they would give me a 15% discount of the price of the new one,,i feel that having given me the wrong information about resetting the device which was not actually needed talk talk should take more of a responsibility over this

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Will no device connect? Do you see any error messages? Do you have any devices connected wired?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Sorry, I'm confused. If your broadband is connecting to your router, then the internet is too.

Are you perhaps confusing the term internet with WiFi? 

If your WiFi is not connecting to devices is it all devices or only some?

If all, have you perhaps turned the WiFi button on your router off by mistake?

Have you tried turning the router off for 30 minutes and then turning back on? This will reset your connection.

Have you tried pin resetting your router? Doing this will set the router back to factory settings, so if you have changed your router name and password, you will have to set them up again 

Let us know if any of these options work but if not staff will be back tomorrow.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).