cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT busiiness email account changing

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have had a legacy TT Business email (GOTADSL) account for the last 22 years - due to being with TTB up until 10  years ago - when I migrated my internet account to TT residential - I do not pay TTB for this service.

Today - I heard from TTB that I will shortly lose this freebie - that THE VERY GOOD EMAIL COMPANY are taking the reins.

I also understand that I "may" be offered a way forward by TVGEC

Could someone please confirm that I will be included in the free migration - because I do not pay TTB for an email account - it is purely down to the fact that I used to be a TTB customer who never migrated away. attached email from TTB

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

@Berkoboy 

I asked TTB to confirm that I will be included in the email migration despite my not having paid TTB for approx 10 years and yes I will be

However they cannot tell me whether there will be any charge for it.

"Thank you for contacting the TalkTalk Business Customer Services Team. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience, I understand how frustrating this must be for you and your business.
Yes, you will be included in the migration process because TalkTalk will cease provision of these services by 30th September 2024.
The Very Good Company will email you in the coming weeks with further instructions regarding the migration process, including terms and conditions of their service. We're currently unable to confirm whether your contract with the new company will be free or chargeable."

form to fill in on https://www.verygoodemail.com/talktalk/

£1.99 per month per mailbox !

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@Berkoboy How much are you paying for 65Mbps ?

I pay £27 fixed for a 65Mbps (in truth 80Mbps connection) including Anytime calls package

but it is due for renewal in 3 months

0 Likes

Berkoboy
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

I would be amazed if we don't end up paying more - if you keep things as they are. TT have always had the option of cancelling your TT broadband contract but keeping your Nildram etc email for a few pounds a month via The  VG Email Company - so this is exactly what I am expecting this time around.  TT outsourced the Nildram domains/mail servers/hardware  etc  years ago . I am OK with this to avoid the complete 'mare of changing all my web ID's / notifying contacts . Plus I can review my TT broadband contract and shop around when my recently renewed Fibre 65 ends.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Berkoboy 

This is my problem - at the moment (and for the last 10+ years) - I have had a GOTADSL account and not paid a penny for it !!

Are you saying that if I want to remain using  GOTADSL - I will have to pay ?

I started with my GOTADSL account back in 2002 when I was with Nildram !

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Weevie - Your email should remain as gotadsl. No need to notify anyone - if you stick with A VG Email Co. In fact TT outsourced the email service sometime ago - all TT do is bill you .  I can see your point about the 22 years worth of contacts / web ID's passwords etc - this is the only reason I have stuck with TT for so long - the faff of having to change everything. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I am not a business either

Except for having to notify 22 years worth of contacts about the email change

I don't know whether to rely on The Very Good Email Company to come up with a working solution or to use this as an excuse to get my own private email ?

or to rely on Gmail/hotmail or something else ?

0 Likes

Berkoboy
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I have a nildram/gotadsl email - from the very early days before TT existed.  This change maybe good news in disguise . If you ever had an email issue the usual TT helpdesk washed their hands of it  once they discovered you were classified as a business account . TalkTalk Business weren't interested as I am not a business  - beyond checking I could access webmail . The only help we got in terms of email set up/domain names/ports/SSL/email clients/encryption   etc was from this forum - thank you once more to those that helped us Nildramers out . I am hoping The VG Email company will provide a decent customer service - the downside is it  might be a few £'s extra per month  . A standalone email account also provides  extra flexibility - separating email and broadband enables cancellation of one and not the other. Careful what you wish for TalkTalk !   

0 Likes