cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reported Fault REP-12550651 - what has happened to it?

Doggy2
Participant
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

I have recently made the alterations to settings which had to be done by 23 Feb. Now I cannot send any emails via Mail (MacOS Mojave 10.14.6). The fault No is REP-12550651 and I cannot find what is happening in order to help me sort it out. I have spent hours so far talking to people, emailing etc but to no avail. Please help me - I need to get this running for my work.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Which means that your mail sending was blocked because MacMail wasn't set up securely as I explained and would have been fixed just by the use of secure settings:

The outgoing mail server (SMTP) must use:

Username: the full tiscali email address (it's NOT optional)

Password: the tiscali email password (it's NOT optional)

Host name: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Tick Use TLS/SSL

Authentication: Password

So, let us know if you are sending mail ok from MacMail on the Mojave PC.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi Doggy2, both of the email addresses in your profile have full function and are not limited.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Doggy2
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 28

Thank you so much for this information.

You are so much more help than TalkTalk itself. Is there anyway I can speed TalkTalk up in restoring access? I have now been a week with the problem and am awaiting a return call from the Phillipines this morning although the TalkTalk person there did admit yesterday that she wasn't actually able to do anything to help with email problems.I shall tell her what you have said in the hopes that she can chivvy them up!

The ChatBot is useless in these cases too.

Message 24 of 28

The Primary tiscali email account that you're showing the settings for will not authenticate a connection to the mailbox because the previous continued use of insecure settings got the mailbox access for POP3 switched off.

TalkTalk Support have yet to pick up this topic, pick up your tiscali email address from Private notes and arrange for access to be switched back on.

When that happens you need to have further amended the settings shown in your screenshot.

The incoming mail server (POP) is good.

The outgoing mail server (SMTP) must use:

Username: the full tiscali email address (it's NOT optional)

Password: the tiscali email password (it's NOT optional)

Host name: smtp.talktalk.net (no change)

Port: 587 (no change)

Tick Use TLS/SSL

Authentication: Password

On that basis I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

PS I have now changed the Outgoing setting for Use SSL on Port 587 but it still isn't working

Message 26 of 28

I have done all of this recommended stuff and have spent even more time on two calls to the Philippines today and still am getting the same result i.e. emails not sending via Mail. Everything is OK using Webmail which is not what I want to do apart from in an emergency.

Here are typical responses when I do try to send anything. Please could you help me sort this out as I am wasting so much time trying to do so.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 16.39.54.pngScreenshot 2023-02-22 at 13.43.02.png
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services, passwords will then re-authenticate, so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 is capable of secure mail so we just need to help you set it up in preparation for mail access to be restored. But if you access mail in any other way other than webmail then that needs to be checked also.

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus