cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Suddenly can't send email but can receive through Outlook

MysteryDeafo
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I noticed the other day that my last email that i sent using Outlook 2013 was on February 20th.  Checked all my settings and nothing had changed, telephoned support and explained everything and was told i was the 2nd person to report the problem and it would be looked into.  Came on here and it looksl ike TalkTalk have changed settings but i never got an email about this, have now changed the settings to the new outgoing of 587 with SSL etc but still getting error message.
Can anyone tell me how to get my email sending again please? has it been blocked?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

You'll no longer be able to use the TalkTalk mail servers for your business domain email address. 

You may have to subscribe to your email hosting service that I believe is Fasthosts and they in turn use the Ionos servers which is where you either download or forward your mail messages from. Fasthosts offer email hosting starting at an offer price of £1 per month for 2 addresses but that does go up to £2.19 per month.

The host server details for Outlook 2013 are:

Incoming mail server: mail.livemail.co.uk
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.livemail.co.uk

Tick to Remember password

On the Outgoing Server tab

• Tick My outgoing SMTP server requires authentication
  • Tick Log on using
    Username (full personal domain email address)
    Password
  • OK

On the Advanced tab

• Incoming Mail section
    Set Port to 995 (as you use a POP3 mail account)
    Set Encryption Method to SSL (Tick This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL))
  • Outgoing Mail section
    Set Port to 465
    Set Encryption Method to SSL (Use the following type of encrypted connection)
  • OK

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

MysteryDeafo
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Gondola,  just wanted to say I've managed to fix it by now using smtp.livemail.co.uk as my outgoing server. Never had to put anything in before but it's working.

Thank you for you help because you got me approaching it from a different direction and it worked.  Much appreciated,  Pete

MysteryDeafo
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Ever since i've been with talktalk my smtp settings were outgoing server smtp.talktalk.net and i never had anything in my outgoing server settings (username or password) both were blank.  My incoming server is mail.livemail.co.uk as i get my business email through that.  

I've change my settings to these but not sure what should be in the second picture as it's always been like that..

MysteryDeafo_0-1677966625871.png

MysteryDeafo_1-1677966703676.png

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If you're sending From: a personal domain email address then using the TalkTalk Mail servers will not work. You need to use the mail servers and settings provided by the hosting mail service for your personal domain address. 

Please confirm the sending address domain - just the part of the From: email address after the @ symbol

MysteryDeafo
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola, Thank for your quick reply. I just tried TLS and got this "Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 551 5.1.0 YSKupeUiSBkwp MailFrom must match AUTH used (TT421)"

If i try SSL i get this "Send test e-mail message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance."

I'm a bit confused with what my TalkTalk email address is as i had to create one to join the forum as i had never had one.  Would it be that one or would it be my Account email address and login?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried outgoing port 587 and TLS encryption? Plus on the outgoing server tab ticked My outgoing server requires authentication and Log in using and entering your full TalkTalk email address and its password?

0 Likes