cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam / Junk email - Can I stop it?

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

For months I’ve regularly had a couple of Spam / Junk emails each day and just moved them to the Junk email folder via IMAP/ iOS in the hope that it would go someway to stop junk email. 

As 2024 started so did the flow of junk/spam email, but this time is 2-3 unwanted emails an hour. As before I’m moving each one via IMAP and the iOS Mail app to the junk email folder. But this isn’t doing anything to stem the flow, they are still coming in at great pace.

Is there anything else I can do or that can be done to stop the volume of unwanted email? 

IMG_1648.jpeg
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Gondola

How do I set up Rules to screen and move messages to a temporary folder for review?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Eilee1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

I am mostly receiving the same spam as you, particularly telling me that I have won something, plus McAfee. The email address is almost always my own address.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Most of my TalkTalk spam appears to come from my own email address.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Move to Junk in the iOS email client will just move the unwanted mail out of the way but will have no impact on spammers and will not report that spam to TalkTalk's CloudMark sender intelligence engine.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

to be honest I mainly use the iOS mail client so all I'm doing is "move to junk" which doesn't seem to be having any results whatsoever. 

I'm guessing the spammers are hijacking  some less secure domains and spamming from there as there are no patterns to set up blocks.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi Andy

If your email address is known to spammers you will be relentlessly targeted.

The TalkTalk advice is to sign in to webmail and select Mark as Spam from the toolbar. That will notify TalkTalk's use of the CloudMark sender intelligence engine to fingerprint the content as spam.

Over the last few weeks we have seen TalkTalk addresses targeted by a flood of spam from Gmail, Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com, VirginMedia.com, ntlworld.com and TalkTalk has had hard blocks applied to all those domains to stop spam. The hard blocks have been, for most domains, relaxed, although some sender IP addresses are still blocked.

If you can spot common factors in the sending address and or content you may be able to set up Rules to screen and move messages to a temporary folder for review.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution