cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Support for onetel.com email addresses

Wisteria
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

When I last spoke to TalkTalk (Feb 2024) they knew nothing about legacy onetel.com email addresses.  Nevertheless, I have a onetel.com email and it still works using the talktalk.com mail server.
How are onetel.com email addresses currently supported?
Are they still safe to use?
For how long will they be supported?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi Wisteria 

The legacy onetel.com and related email addresses continue to be supported by TalkTalk for TalkTalk Consumer customers on the TalkTalk Mail platform. If you need help at any time then just Start a topic for your enquiry on this Community Email forum and you'll get the help you need.

The former onetel.com mail platform was still using insecure connections until TalkTalk closed that legacy platform down after migrating onetel mailboxes to the secure TalkTalk Mail platform. TalkTalk now supports only secure connections to TalkTalk mailboxes.

Use TalkTalk Mail webmail to sign in using an up to date browser like Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari with the full onetel.com email address as Username and use the onetel.com email password. The TalkTalk Mail platform supports IMAP secure and secure POP3 connections using the full email address and password as Username and Password. The server host names are mail.talktalk.net for incoming mail (Port 993 IMAP or 995 POP3 with SSL/TLS security) and smtp.talktalk.net for outgoing mail (Port 587 with StartTLS security) and server authentication via the same Username and Normal Password.

All TalkTalk Mail domains will be supported for as long as TalkTalk supports the provision of email services. Here on Community we know of no plans to cease support.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution