cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Supported browser

windpower
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

When using webmail on my android phone with Firefox it state "this browser is not supported". Same issue with Kiwi browser or Chromium.

Also the screen does not display correctly, see screenshot.

Thank you for any help

Talktalk_webmail_screenshot.png
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @Tobermory 

The update is not a TT IT update but one from Open Xchange (OX) and is for the OX customer base. No change to email device is required.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

The Infants of the TT “Development Team” have been playing with the server code again. And this “improvement” is one of the results.

Solution: Purchase a new device to access Webmail from at great expense.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The TalkTalk Mail vendor, Open Xchange (OX), tests and verifies Safari on iPhone and Google Chrome on Android and the reason for the "unsupported" message is simply that OX do not fully test and validate other browsers for mobile devices.

I have used both Firefox, Edge and the Google Chrome browsers without any problem on an Android 'phone although haven't fully tested the latest update from OX that has an updated user interface. The "supported" browser on Android is Chrome. On the iPhone the supported browser for TalkTalk Mail is Safari.

Supported Desktop browsers are Safari, Chrome, Edge and Firefox so long as the Operating System is supported and the browsers are either the current or previous version. It would therefore be unusual to see an "unsupported" message for a desktop browser.

Have you tried Google Chrome on your Android 'phone?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes