cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Talktalk webmail only showing the past week

Whumphries
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Can someone help me load older emails. My webmail on my mac and phone only show the previous week's messages, and 'search' doesn't bring them up.

This is frustrating as I have some mobile concert tickets that I cannot access and screen shots are not allowed to enter. Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

No response from the original poster so topic closed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

If you're still checking your email accounts set up for POP3 email connection on one or more of your devices then look in the email account Inbox as that should contain the downloaded mail messages.

Webmail via a browser will view the online mailbox containing all online folders. But if mail has not been left on the server then you'll not find what you're looking for in the online mailbox.

If the POP3 email account(s) locally on a device or via an online POP3 mail collection service, like that offered by Gmail, are under your control then that's fine. But do let us know if you need any additional guidance to resolve the issue.

Message 3 of 5

First scan your email devices for unexpected virus, trojan or other malware that may be capturing your passwords. Change your TalkTalk mailbox password to lock out any email app or mail collection service that's downloading and deleting your mail messages older than 1 week.  Upgrade the password and make it unique to the email address.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Have you recently set up a new email account on the Mac or the 'phone? If so, my diagnosis is that the email account has been set up as a POP3 account that will download from the Inbox and then delete, in this case, messages older than 1 week. That's a setting on the POP3 email account. To keep mail messages for longer on the server then the setting must be 'never delete from the server'.

If you haven't set up a new mail account then it's likely that your mailbox password has been compromised. Hence the up front advice to scan for password capturing malware and to upgrade the password.

TalkTalk Mail does not delete or archive mail from the Inbox after a week so email software that's doing this is external to the mailbox.

Whumphries
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Just started using  webmail and it drops emails after about a week. I can't access via 'Search', nothing comes up and need desperately need an email with concert tickets

0 Likes