cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Technical Error - Can't Create New Email Address

Seashore
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

A couple of weeks ago I created a new email address to be added to my Mailbox List. During the set up process a message came up stating Talk Talk were currently experiencing a technical error. It did add the new email address to my Mailbox List but when I tried to access that address through Webmail it said the password was incorrect.

I know the password is correct, as I can use that password to change password within the Mailbox in My Account. It just won't work when accessing Webmail.

Incidentally I was not prompted to input any recovery email or mobile number during the set up process. I wonder if this is down to the current technical error.

I later tried creating a second new email address and the same problem occurred.

I then spent 5 hours on Live Chat on the 19/4 and was told by the adviser to delete one of the new email addresses which he promised could then be added back. It could not! He then said he had processed the request to restore and reset my email and to add recovery details to both emails. He said to allow 3 working days for this request to be processed. This has not happened.

I tried creating a third email address but again the password problem persists.

I spent a further one hour plus on Live Chat on 26/4 and the adviser's suggested solution was to get a gmail email!

Having raised a complaint on 26/4 I requested an update yesterday and after a further 40 minutes on Live Chat was told the case manager would call me at 4pm. No call was forthcoming.

Please can someone look at this issue and resolve it for me?

I need the following:-

1  My recovery email and mobile number to be added to the two new email addresses recently created and confirmation that this will resolve the password issue when accessing Webmail.

2  My deleted email address to be restored and the recovery details added.

3  The technical issue to be resolved so new email addresses can be created without difficulty.

I really hope you can sort this out as I have lost all faith in Live Chat.

41 REPLIES 41

Message 1 of 42

Hi Joanbz, please follow the advice from Gliwmaeden2.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 42

It's really much better if you could start your own thread, @Joanbz, so that your posts don't get lost among the others and there's no confusion in the replies.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Your thread will be picked up by staff during the week. They are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Joanbz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 42

I still can't access the email address I created. Primarily it's because I've forgotten the password I used.  I've tried to reset the password BUT the reset option is going to go the the email address I can't access which isn't much use.  When I set up the email address I didn't get the opportunity to provide information where I could have the reset option forwarded to.

Can anyone help please?  I need to access the newly created email as there will be some important info in it.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 42

I'm pleased to be of service. Thanks for letting us know its sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 42

Hi Ady

I''m pleased to report back that one mailbox has been fixed and I am now able to use it.

Thanks for sorting this out for me.  

I trust the option to add a new mail box will be restored soon so it will be available to use in the future.

I appreciate the help received via Community and its members.  Perhaps Talk Talk would consider better resourcing Community,  as I found Live Chat and Complaints to be of no use whatsoever.  They just wasted my time and gave out erroneous information.

Seashore

Message 6 of 42

Hi Gondola

Thanks for your input on this but as you can see Ady has since replied confirming that adding a new mailbox has been removed for the time being. Fortunately he has managed to get my previously created mailbox working, so I am OK now.

Seashore

Message 7 of 42

Hi Seashore, he's back today. I'm told he's fixed the mailboxes, please check and let me know. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 42

Hi all, adding a new mailbox has been removed for the time being. I've not got a date for its return, but I'll post as soon as I hear anything. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 42

What do you see when you use the create a mailbox link: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/manage-email/create

This will ask you to sign in to your currently active MyAccount and will take you straight to the Create / Add a mailbox process.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 42

I used PC with Windows 10 and it all worked, all buttons available. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 42

Hi Ady

Can you please tell me when your colleague is due back?

Whilst you wait to hear from them  about the mailbox that hasn't been deleted, can you find out why the tab/button to Add/Create a Mailbox has now disappeared?

It seems ChorleyIain successfully created a new mailbox a couple of weeks ago, so it is very frustrating that things seem to have gone wrong again since then.  

Currently I am unable to use two of the mailboxes I previously created and I am unable to add/create a new one.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Seashore

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 42

I'm afraid my colleague has been on leave and that means this is delayed. He's still not in so far this week. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 42

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I appreciate your prompt help with this.  I didn't realise Ady is away.  I hope someone else from Talk Talk Support will be able to respond swiftly.

Thanks

Seashore

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 42

This may be picked up by another member of staff while Ady is away. @Seashore

0 Likes

Message 15 of 42

Hi Ady

Please can you provide me with an update.

It is now a month and a half since I first contacted Live Chat and a month since I posted on Community.  Still there is no resolution.

Have you got any answers from your colleague?

You will see my reply to ChorleyIain posted this morning.  Can you find out why the tab/button to Add/Create a Mailbox has now disappeared?  Things seem to be going from bad to worse!

I really need to have a useable Talk Talk email so please can this issue be escalated?

Thanks

Seashore

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 42

@Seashore, I am re-escalating this thread for you.

Best not to directly PM staff except when they ask.

Message 17 of 42

Hi ChorleyIain

Many thanks for your update, I'm pleased to hear things are now working for you.

I tried on Friday and again today to add a new mailbox but unfortunately having gone to Manage Talk Talk Mail there is now no tab/button showing to add/create a mailbox!  I have tried this on a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 10 PC and the tab/button is missing from both.  The only option showing is to "Login to Webmail".  

What device are you using and do you still have the option to add a new mailbox or has it since disappeared?

I haven't heard anything more from Ady so I will message him now for an update.

In the meantime thank you for keeping us updated.

0 Likes

ChorleyIain
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 18 of 42

I have tried to do this each week for 3 or 4 weeks now with no success - until last week when it all suddenly worked, and I was able to create anew mailbox, with no errors reported, and able to login to Webmail straight away. So all magically appears fixed now for me.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 42

My colleague and as yet I've still not heard back.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 20 of 42

Hi Ady

Yes thank you,  I received your PM last Friday and understand from this that your colleague is investigating the mailbox that I am still unable to use. 

When you say you are still waiting on contact about the mailbox that hasn't been deleted, are you referring to contact from your colleague?  Or are you needing any more information from me?

Seashore

0 Likes