cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Technical Error - Can't Create New Email Address

Seashore
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

A couple of weeks ago I created a new email address to be added to my Mailbox List. During the set up process a message came up stating Talk Talk were currently experiencing a technical error. It did add the new email address to my Mailbox List but when I tried to access that address through Webmail it said the password was incorrect.

I know the password is correct, as I can use that password to change password within the Mailbox in My Account. It just won't work when accessing Webmail.

Incidentally I was not prompted to input any recovery email or mobile number during the set up process. I wonder if this is down to the current technical error.

I later tried creating a second new email address and the same problem occurred.

I then spent 5 hours on Live Chat on the 19/4 and was told by the adviser to delete one of the new email addresses which he promised could then be added back. It could not! He then said he had processed the request to restore and reset my email and to add recovery details to both emails. He said to allow 3 working days for this request to be processed. This has not happened.

I tried creating a third email address but again the password problem persists.

I spent a further one hour plus on Live Chat on 26/4 and the adviser's suggested solution was to get a gmail email!

Having raised a complaint on 26/4 I requested an update yesterday and after a further 40 minutes on Live Chat was told the case manager would call me at 4pm. No call was forthcoming.

Please can someone look at this issue and resolve it for me?

I need the following:-

1  My recovery email and mobile number to be added to the two new email addresses recently created and confirmation that this will resolve the password issue when accessing Webmail.

2  My deleted email address to be restored and the recovery details added.

3  The technical issue to be resolved so new email addresses can be created without difficulty.

I really hope you can sort this out as I have lost all faith in Live Chat.

41 REPLIES 41

Joanbz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 41 of 42

I too am having the same problem. It used to be so easy to add/create a new email address. It seems it isn't an isolated issue. Can this be resolved soon without having to be on live chat for a long time?