cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Technical Error - Can't Create New Email Address

Seashore
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 42 of 42

A couple of weeks ago I created a new email address to be added to my Mailbox List. During the set up process a message came up stating Talk Talk were currently experiencing a technical error. It did add the new email address to my Mailbox List but when I tried to access that address through Webmail it said the password was incorrect.

I know the password is correct, as I can use that password to change password within the Mailbox in My Account. It just won't work when accessing Webmail.

Incidentally I was not prompted to input any recovery email or mobile number during the set up process. I wonder if this is down to the current technical error.

I later tried creating a second new email address and the same problem occurred.

I then spent 5 hours on Live Chat on the 19/4 and was told by the adviser to delete one of the new email addresses which he promised could then be added back. It could not! He then said he had processed the request to restore and reset my email and to add recovery details to both emails. He said to allow 3 working days for this request to be processed. This has not happened.

I tried creating a third email address but again the password problem persists.

I spent a further one hour plus on Live Chat on 26/4 and the adviser's suggested solution was to get a gmail email!

Having raised a complaint on 26/4 I requested an update yesterday and after a further 40 minutes on Live Chat was told the case manager would call me at 4pm. No call was forthcoming.

Please can someone look at this issue and resolve it for me?

I need the following:-

1  My recovery email and mobile number to be added to the two new email addresses recently created and confirmation that this will resolve the password issue when accessing Webmail.

2  My deleted email address to be restored and the recovery details added.

3  The technical issue to be resolved so new email addresses can be created without difficulty.

I really hope you can sort this out as I have lost all faith in Live Chat.

41 REPLIES 41

Message 21 of 42

Hi ChorleyIain, there are a couple of different issues. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ChorleyIain
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 22 of 42

I got message from ady-talktalk that says 

"Hi ChorleyIain, I'm afraid if you're seeing that error message then you're not going to be able to add a new mailbox and we can't do it for you either. This is a long standing issue and we've got no estimated fix date for it. "

So doesn't exactly look hopeful they will be able to fix it!

0 Likes

Message 23 of 42

Hi Seashore, you saw my PM did you? I'm still waiting on contact about the mailbox that hasn't been deleted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 42

Hi Mary

I am waiting to hear back from Ady.  You will see I have messaged him just now.

Here's hoping this can be resolved soon.

Seashore

0 Likes

Message 25 of 42

Hi Ady 

Thanks for your message.  Has your colleague been able to resolve this?   As you can see other customers are also experiencing the same problem and are keen for this issue to be sorted out.

Seashore

0 Likes

Message 26 of 42

About 3 weeks!!

Talktalk, any progress qith this?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 42

Been a few weeks now hasn't it?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 42

Hi marybamber

Mine still isn't working unfortunately.

0 Likes

maryfbamber
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 42

How is everyone getting on with there new mailbox?

I still haven't got my issue resolved, have you got yours sorted yet Seashore?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 42

Thanks for confirming the security information. I've sent a personal message to avoid post any private information. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 31 of 42

Hi Ady

I have answered the security questions and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Seashore

0 Likes

Message 32 of 42

Hi Seashore, I've sent you a personal message to confirm the security information.  

Ady

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 42

Re-escalating this for you, @Seashore.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 34 of 42

Hi Chris

I added the email details as requested to my private notes last Wednesday.

Are you now able to resolve this issue?

Please can you give me an update?

Thanks
Seashore

0 Likes

Message 35 of 42

Hi Chris

I have added the email details to my private notes as requested.  

Thanks for looking into this.

Seashore

Message 36 of 42

Hi Seashore,

Could you add the email address that you created to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll take a look at it

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 42

Hi Chris

Thank you for making contact. No as yet this has not been resolved.

As you can see three other community members have replied indicating they are having the same problem.

Can you look into this for us?

Thanks
Seashore

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 42

Hi Seashore,

How are you getting on, did you get anywhere with this?

Chris

0 Likes

ChorleyIain
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 39 of 42

Me too - exactly same problems - can create new email address and passwords, but Webmail simply does not recognise email address or password.  Also tried chat for 50 mins, with same response, which has not helped. Still can't create a new email address.

maryfbamber
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 40 of 42

Me also, created two new Email accounts,  copy & pasted the details into Notepad ++ and i'm also getting password incorrect.

I know my credentails are fine.