cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails to gmail accounts are going into spam (again!)

JohnRandCo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 42

Our tiscali emails, when sent to regularly used and well known gmail accounts, are ending up in spam. This has happened in the past after talktalk upgrades seem to have affected settings. I note that other people have recently reported tiscali emails to gmail not arriving, but I think they are probably in spam. First noticed on 20th Feb but could be related to the email update by Talktalk on 15th Feb referenced on Twitter.

41 REPLIES 41

Message 21 of 42

Good morning Paul.

Grateful thanks for confirming that the Gmail Report as Not spam button is working and that follow up messages are delivered to the Gmail Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 22 of 42

was able to use gmail.com to report not spam and test emails now go to inbox - thanks for that advisory

Message 23 of 42

Thanks - I only use gmail as a secondary thing on my iPhone, not with my PC - Don't see any way to report as not spam on the iphone. Will maybe try looking at it on the PC (don't really want yet another desktop mail app though...)

0 Likes

Message 24 of 42

TalkTalk Community is a member to member support platform. If you don't wish to patronise Community with your simple questions then Close your account is an option in your Community profile.

I hope you receive everything you deserve. Goodbye.

Message 25 of 42

Its like kicking water uphill. I dont want to be patronised and Im not going to discuss my complaint with anyone but CISAS, I simply want an answer to a simple question. If talk talk have to rely on volunteers to be their support, then something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

I'll just write a letter on paper and put it in an envelope and send it with a stamp on it. Asking people to spend hours and hours on phone or live chat calls is just a way of discouraging complaints. For a so called high tech company, its a weird way of doing things. ANd I dont care what other companies do, its not them Im paying. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 42

If you know all that then you know you have to follow the complaints process.

If first line Customer Service cannot resolve the complaint, ask for the complaint to be escalated to a Complaints Manager and if still not resolved then to the CEO's office to an Executive Complaints Manager. If that Executive Complaints Manager agrees that it is an issue under TalkTalk's control and cannot resolve the complaint then a deadlock letter can be issued, or 8 weeks after your complaint has been registered, you can ask CISAS to consider your complaint under the scheme and if accepted then appoint an adjudicator to determine the case.

I can give you first hand experience of the CISAS process from beginning to end.

But what is your complaint? That TalkTalk do not have any control or influence over Gmail's or Google's business practices or policies? 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 42

Yes, I know that. Its all on the how to complain page. 

What it doesnt tell you is how to obtain a deadlock letter from the CEO's office. It tells you to contact live chat or phone - but most people dont have the spare time to spend 3 hours on the phone or live chat getting passed from pillar to post. I've had a managers call back and the response was sort it out yourself with Gmail. So I want a deadlock letter and Im asking if anyone has experience of how to achieve that goal. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 42

@strider57 wrote:...I need a deadlock letter prior to going to CISAS and seeing what they say about it. How can that be expedited?

A deadlock letter is issued if a customer has initiated the TalkTalk complaints process and the designated Complaints Manager from TalkTalk has been unable to solve the customer's complaint.  The link to the Complaints process is given at the foot of TalkTalk web pages including this one.  CISAS are not able to accept all types of complaints and will tell you if that's the case.

If you initiate a complaint with TalkTalk strictly following the complaints process and the designated Complaints Manager has been unable to solve the customer's complaint within 8 weeks then the customer can ask CISAS to consider appointing an arbitrator.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 42

Talk Talk are blaming Gmail, Gmail are blaming Talk Talk and saying it is the domain name that is an issue. Talk Talk have told me to contact gmail to sort it out. Really. Like Google are going to speak to me and sort out an issue involving a major UK telecoms company when they are unable to do it themselves. 

So anyway, I need a deadlock letter prior to going to CISAS and seeing what they say about it. How can that be expedited?

Message 30 of 42

Gmail's new policy is that if their users mark as spam more than 3 in 1000 TalkTalk mail messages then Gmail reserve the right to dump into Spam folders all messages from TalkTalk regardless of whether spam or genuine.

TalkTalk has done what it can to block spam senders and I'm sure will, in association with Gmail, continue to monitor for spam senders. But 3 in 1000 is a very low number and given that Gmail has been responsible for a tidal wave of spam hitting the TalkTalk network it's two faced of Google to treat TalkTalk Mail users with such disrespect. That's my personal view.

TalkTalk has absolutely no control over what Gmail users do or what Gmail policies are carried out on TalkTalk Mail that is fully authenticated and ought to be delivered to Gmail inboxes. Gmail should check for incoming spam and not punish genuine users.

Ofcom positively encourage users to shop around for the best broadband deals. One reason why TalkTalk introduced MailPlus as a low fee subscription service that allows former TalkTalk customers to retain full use of up to 5 mailboxes and therefore email is not a barrier to switching broadband service provider. But which other comparable ISP's offer email to new customers switching to them? Not any. Not BT, EE or Plusnet. Not Sky. Not Vodafone and not Virgin Media O2.  There are a couple of excellent ISP's offering top service quality and email but packages tend to be at higher prices, good paid for mail service providers and of course free email from Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com (Microsoft). 

Message 31 of 42

Surely its in TT interest to work with Google to fix this issue. I suspect that some TT subscribers will be changing their primary email address from TT to elsewhere and once that happens it takes away one reason for staying with TT. I.e. You will eventually loose customers if you don't resolve the issue!

Alan
0 Likes

Message 32 of 42

VIP is just a focused Inbox but doesn't tell Gmail not to put your messages in Spam.  Did you sign in to your Gmail desktop app and select your messages in the Gmail Spam folder and then select the Report as Not spam button?  Clearly not because if you do so you'll get a pop up indicating that by marking as Not spam then all your future messages will be delivered to the Inbox.

PaulMcM
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 42

Sure enough test emails that I sent to my own gmail from my tiscali address were eventually found in the Junk folder - and are still going there tonight 😞

I set my tiscali address up as a "VIP" on gmail to see if that made any difference - It didn't.

This explains why my friend was asking why I hadn't replied...

0 Likes

Message 34 of 42

Hi both, you need to report this to Gmail. It is they who are pushing TT mail into your spam folder rather than inbox. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

AlanF4
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 42

Same problem for my wife an myself.

Alan

Message 36 of 42

Morning,

Apologies, we are chasing this for an update.

Michelle

Message 37 of 42

TalkTalk Community Support Michelle-TalkTalk requested the TalkTalk Mail team to provide an update on 28th February.

So, we await that update on the status of TalkTalk and Gmail actions.

0 Likes

MartinDavies
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 42

I have had the same problem - mails to a local contact on gmail and to America, similarly on gmail.

I'm worried about potential problems arising with forthcoming holiday booking arrangements.

Message 39 of 42

Thanks for your duplicate confirmation @MarkH4.

0 Likes

MarkH4
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 42

Same problem here, for at least the last 6 days, maybe longer.