cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali webmail access - user is deactivated

SkiLift
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 14 of 14

Hi, up until the last week I've been able to use my tiscali email account via webmail.

Unfortunately when I try to log in now, it says user is deactivated. I've been able to change my password by receiving the reset code by text to my mobile, but on trying to log in I still see the user is deactivated warning.

Thanks for any help or advice.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Thanks Gondola and Ady for your help with this - it's much appreciated.

Message 2 of 14

If the system will allow you to subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus for a further period then you could subscribe on a month by month basis and when no longer needed call to cancel the MailPlus account and it'll revert to webmail only for a further two years. So, you could subscribe, commit to the first month at £5 but in that first month call TalkTalk Customer Services to cancel and it'll roll on for another two years. It all hinges on the system allowing you to subscribe for a barred mailbox.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 14

I can't get it unbarred without a live account to relate it to.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 14

Thanks Ady - Gondola thought that might be the case - sorry I didn’t realise that webmail would cease. Is there a possibility of a few hours further access to dig out a few emails?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi SkiLift, thanks for confirming the security information. I've checked and there's notes on the account to say that your 2 years is up. You'd have to sign up for Mail Plus or a Broadband account to keep it for longer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 14

Hi SkiLift, I need to confirm ownership of the mailbox to look into this. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Message 7 of 14

Thanks for all your help with this Gondola

Message 8 of 14

If the two years have expired and I'll assume no formal notification of final deletion from TalkTalk I'll request a bit of goodwill to see if unbarring the account for a further period is possible.

My diagnosis was that the TalkTalk Billing system had initiated the barring which would happen automatically if it was expecting a payment for the MailPlus subscription.

We'll see what TalkTalk Support say.

Message 9 of 14

Hi Gondola

I think you're right, although hadn't appreciated webmail access would cease after a set time. If that's the case, is the account now gone or would there be chance of a few days of access to dig out some emails?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Just thinking of a diagnosis I think I can work out what's happened and, perhaps to assist, can I suggest that the date of barring might be the annual anniversary of the MailPlus subscription payment?

Message 11 of 14

OK, so, that means the mailbox is barred but not yet fully deleted.

Just on the MailPlus issue, you say "no longer a subscriber". If you'd asked for a former MailPlus subscription to be cancelled then that would result in the tiscali mailbox being available for webmail only access for a period of 2 years before deletion. So, have the two years now expired or in your estimation is there still time to run before the mailbox was due for deletion? Asking to establish whether this is a premature barring issue or just that the 2 year extension of use has run out. If premature then I can request TalkTalk unbar the mailbox.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

Message 12 of 14

Thanks Gondola

The mailbox has been restricted to webmail for some time as I'm no longer a MailPlus subscriber and not a talktalk home broadband user.

In reply to sending an email to my tiscali address, I received an 'address not found' bounceback, and the Verifalia result is 'undeliverable' and 'invalid email address' 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi SkiLift 

Has the tiscali mailbox been restricted to webmail only access for some months and are you no longer a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or TalkTalk MailPlus subscriber? Or is the tiscali email mailbox not added to an active customer MyAccount?

The Error message on sign in 'DEACTIVATED-0001' usually indicates that the email mailbox has been deleted. But the fact that you still appear to have password recovery available may mean the mailbox is not fully deleted but in a barred state that a new password hasn't fixed. The Error message on sign in User is deactivated AUTHORIZATION-0001 means the account is barred and if a password change for security hasn't resolved this it'll need the TalkTalk team to unbar the mailbox. Assuming there's no outstanding security issues.

So first you'd check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?