cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali Email

FRFILLINGHAM
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I have recently reset windows 10 and am trying to add my tiscali mail account to my outlook and samsung phone clients.

Have used all the recommended mail settings but cannot add my account.

I think I need to get talk talk to reinstate my account ./ remove restrictions as I think  they need to be confident that I using secure software ?

Outlook version 

2212 Build 16.0.1.15928.20196 32 Bit

Samsung email version (A53)

At my wits end.. cannot get past the Chat BOT / need to interact with a real person !

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Excellent news. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

Thanks Ady, I'm in 👍

Message 3 of 13

Hi Frazer, you should find that its working normally now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 13

Hi Ady

Sorry to bother you again... still not getting hooked up ..

Assuming restriction has now been lifted.. these settings for Outlook 365 look ok ?

Thanks

Frazer

FRFILLINGHAM_0-1675427073390.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Frazer, my colleague who processes these isn't in today. I'd guess they'll be completed tomorrow morning. If not I'll find another member of the team to sort these.

Ady

Message 6 of 13

Hi Ady

Thanks for this... do you know how long this takes.. still not functioning today ?

Frazer

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi FRFILLINGHAM, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full function.

Ady

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Hi FRFILLINGHAM, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full access again. 

Ady

FRFILLINGHAM
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

That's great 👍

Thanks so much for your kind assistance, appreciated 😊

Message 10 of 13

The Outlook settings are perfect.

The only change required for the Samsung app is to first check for an update that I believe may be available and then to set the switch to ON for 'Require authentication to send emails' (switch to the right). Authentication is by the email password.  All other settings are good for secure mail.

Just to say that the setup would appear to have failed previously because IMAP connections would already have been removed.

I'll request full access be restored and you'll receive a response from TalkTalk Support right here.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 13

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

First image shows the screenshots with the new server settings that I failed in outlook 

2nd and 3rd images are the new server setting that failed on my android phone 

If you need anything else, let me know.. thanks

FRFILLINGHAM_1-1675199636348.pngFRFILLINGHAM_2-1675199646464.png

FRFILLINGHAM_3-1675199661959.png

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi FRFILLINGHAM 

If there were insecure setups on either Outlook or the Samsung eMail app then it's likely that TalkTalk will have removed IMAP/POP3 access as a last stop action to keep users safe. Just wondering if Outlook was working prior to your reset of Windows 10?

Best way for me to help you check the settings is for you to take screenshots of Outlook's General, Outgoing Server and Advanced tabs and Samsung's Incoming Server and Outgoing Server settings. Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the Camera icon above this Reply area or on the mobile browser the Picture icon above this Reply area.

That'll mean we can ask TalkTalk Support to restore full access for you knowing that the devices will support secure mail and that's what you have setup. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution