email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unab le to receive email - "No Password Provided for "TalkTalk" Message

petelovett
First Timer
Message 20 of 20

Hi

2 days ago I stopped receiving email (iphone and laptop) and got a message "Cannot Get Mail - No Password Provided for TalkTalk".

Nothing has changed on my side, but even so, I tried re-entering passwords and checking settings - same message. Also tried deleting the email account and setting up again from scratch - same result.

I really do not think this is an issue on my end, but with you server.

Please advise?

Thanks

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Just one of those it shouldn't happen issues that won't be happening again. 

Thanks for letting us know it's working for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

Hi Ady

Yes, it is! Thanks very much for helping to get it resolved. Strange that it suddenly happened in the first place, but glad it's sorted now!

Is there anything I can do on my side to stop it occurring again?

All the best!

Message 3 of 20

Hi petelovett, I'm informed that the problem has been fixed. You should be collecting mail with a client again.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 20

Hi liveinhope, I've replied to your topic.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi @liveinhope you already have your own topic. Click this link and scroll down to read your posts. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Email-on-iphone-error-message-no-password-provided/td-p/27...

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 20

Hey liveinhope

You need to join the Talk Talk community, set up your profile and then raise a post, which the support Team will pick up.

All the best

Pete

liveinhope
First Timer
Message 7 of 20

i would if i new how too...lol

0 Likes

petelovett
First Timer
Message 8 of 20

Thanks very much Ady!

Message 9 of 20

Hi liveinhope, please start a new topic. We need the details of each customer affected so that we can make sure you're part of the fix. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Pete, thanks for the information. The team are investigating this to identify the cause and then to get the fix in place for you. Hopefully, there won't be too long to wait for the fix. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi liveinhope 

You must start your own topic and request help as TalkTalk Mail Support will only work with the original poster on each topic. 

liveinhope
First Timer
Message 12 of 20

same problem how do you fix it

0 Likes

petelovett
First Timer
Message 13 of 20

Hi Ady

That's now added....

Regards

Pete

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 20

Hi petelovett, please add your landline number to your community profile so that we can add you to the list once we've confirmed that your email is added to your account. 

Ady

0 Likes

petelovett
First Timer
Message 15 of 20

Thanks Gondola - that is really odd why it should just switch like that though?

I have updated my profile so they can contact me. I'll wait for them to make contact and, hopefully resolve.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Pete

I believe your mailbox is, for some reason, restricted to webmail only access. I've alerted TalkTalk Mail Support for you. They'll reply here next week and raise a fault ticket for investigation.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the talktalk.net email address that's affected, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

petelovett
First Timer
Message 17 of 20

Hi

Thanks for responding. Yes, I am a current TalkTalk customer. email domain is @talktalk.net

I am particular about my password (work in Cyber Security) so it isn't a weak or easy/silly one! 😉

It shouldn't have been restricted to webmail only. I can access Webmail ok by the way. It was working fine up until mid day on Wednesday 21st July....then suddenly I cannot download anything?

Thanks

Pete

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 20

Could you let us know your status in regard to being a current customer and having the email address listed in your MyAccount.

Let us know if you feel your email address has been wrongly restricted to webmail only access and I'll get it raised with TalkTalk Mail Support.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi Pete

What's the email domain; just the part after the @ symbol? 

A weak, potentially compromised, password can cause email client access issues but still allow you access via an Internet browser and webmail.  Not using the recommended email client settings can present problems with collecting mail messages.

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

Upgrade your legacy mail password

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.  Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in and to give you access to your mailbox while we help with your email client access.