cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to Logon to Inbound Mail server

The147man
Participant
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

When I attempt to update my account settings (mail.talktalk.net:993) in Outlook when I select "test Account Settings" I get

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your incoming (POP3) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS NAMESPACE QUOTA AUTH

When I log in to webmail I can see that test Outbound messages have been sent

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

I've checked and it has been reset. I've asked the mail admin to check it for us. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

The147man
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 28

STILL not working - Times out when trying to authenticate

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

I've managed to find the primary that controls this alias. I've added it to the list of those to be restored today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 28

Hi

I'm still waiting

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 28

I've no way of checking whether the address was correctly saved, @The147man, but I will re-escalate this again. 

I know that Ady was away last month, and the previous escalation may have been missed, sadly.

Hopefully this will be followed up soon. Staff will be back on the forum from Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

The147man
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 28

This STILL is not sorted, my wife has been unable to receive Emails since February, the login problem above STILL exists

I have posted her email address multiple times, what needs to happen for this to get sorted?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 28

Anything updated in your Profile area is only visible to you and staff, @The147man, and the Private Notes section won't trigger a symbol to show me it's been completed.

You'll need to wait for staff to confirm that. I'll re-escalate this for you. 

Message 8 of 28

I have updated as per instructions

Has the task now been completed?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi The147man, the other email address still isn't showing in your community profile.

Ady

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 28

@The147man, Private Notes is part of the Personal Information section.

[So, not in your signature area and not in "about you". ]

No personal information should be available for the general public to read, so I have edited the displayed email address in your last post. 

To add the information in Private Notes, go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. Private Notes is at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

Private Message

Message 11 of 28

Her address is XXXX.XXXX@dsl.pipex.com

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi The147man,

Sorry, I can't see it. Did you add it to the private notes section?

Chris

0 Likes

The147man
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 28

Hi Ady,

I was told to take it off by one of your colleagues!

Ive added it back into my profile

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi The147man, I'm not able to see another email address in your profile. Have you added it?

Ady

0 Likes

The147man
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 28

Has this now been completed? If not then how do I know when it has?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Ady confirmed he was just waiting on your confirmation and he'll authorise the switching on of device access for IMAP connections. I'll put a reminder into Ady's workflow. 

It usually takes a few days after Ady has authorised the change. So heads up that this may not happen until the first half of next week. So, just advise your wife to use webmail until then.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Gondola

I have removed the Email addresses from my profile

How does "Device Access" get turned on is this something you are going to do? if so when?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

The email address will not validate until device access is switched back on.

I've merged this new topic with your existing topic.

Now, please return to your Community profile and remove the email addresses published in your Bio. Those addresses need to be in Private notes only.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

She is on a Google Pixel 7, I have tried updating the settings

Server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Security Type: SSL/TLS

But it takes over a minute to perform "Validating Server Settings" and returns "Couldn't Finish: Couldn't open connection to server"

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

I have added both of our email addresses to my profile

0 Likes