cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to attach a LOCAL FILE to my emails

PeterL62
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

When i select the attachments icon and select 'Add Local File' NOTHING happens. It does not go to my Finder file so I am unable to select any files to send. This has always worked before until a month ago. I am using a Macbook Pro. Is there a setting I have turned off or something else? I have cleared my all time cache (not passwords) but not my browsing history but this hasn't helpedAny ideas welcome. I am able to attach files if I use my Outlook account

PeterL62_0-1718268082348.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Ok so its a device setup issue. What about using Safari on the macbook does that work?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PeterL62
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

If I use webmail on Safari on my iphone it will allow me to add a file (but the files I need are on my macbook). Also if I use Outlook email on Google Chrome on my Macbook it also allows me to attach files. I currently forward all my Tiscali emails to my outlook account as a backup. The only problem is using Talk Talk on Chrome on my Macbook which is my default usage!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Could you try it either on a different device or in a different browser for me please?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PeterL62
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

I have changed the setting as shown to allow pop ups for Talk Talk but this has not made any difference to allowing me to add a local file

PeterL62_0-1718880042391.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Then this should help you. 

Change your default pop-ups and redirects settings

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
  3. Click Privacy and security and then Site settings and then Pop-ups and redirects.
  4. Choose the option that you want as your default setting.

0 Likes

PeterL62
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Google chrome

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Which browser are you using?

Ady

0 Likes

PeterL62
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Not that I am aware of. How do I check this though?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi PeterL62, you're not using a popup blocker by any chance are you?

Ady

0 Likes