cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to attach a LOCAL FILE to my emails

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

When i select the attachments icon and select 'Add Local File' NOTHING happens. It does not go to my Finder file so I am unable to select any files to send. This has always worked before until a month ago. I am using a Macbook Pro. Is there a setting I have turned off or something else? I have cleared my all time cache (not passwords) but not my browsing history but this hasn't helpedAny ideas welcome. I am able to attach files if I use my Outlook account

PeterL62_0-1718268082348.png

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Without having access to your machine I wouldn't be able to say. I can suggest removing the mail account and the email app and setting it up again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

If that is the case then what is it that is set up wrong? Bearing in mind that it always used to work and I have not knowingly changed anything.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

If I use webmail on Safari on my iphone it will allow me to add a file (but the files I need are on my macbook). Also if I use Outlook email on Google Chrome on my Macbook it also allows me to attach files. I currently forward all my Tiscali emails to my outlook account as a backup. The only problem is using Talk Talk on Chrome on my Macbook which is my default usage!

Your response above in the first sentence shows that the mailbox is configured correctly and working on another device. Meaning that the setup on the macbook has to be the problem. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Glad you have found the relevant information, @PeterL62.

That helps staff deal with your specific situation. I have flagged this up for support again so it should receive staff attention during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 20

I have now found what I believe to be my account number and have added it to my personal settings under account number. I hope this helps sort things out.

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

I do not get any sort of invoice or notification ever (Direct Debit) and do not have any Talk Talk old account details. I have added my email addresses and the Direct Debit reference into the personal detail areas as this is all I have. I would have expected my email address to be enough to be honest. Thanks for trying to help at least.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Whatever identification you can think of as you must have an account number for paying your bills. 

See the following:

Screenshot_20240713-002502_Chrome.jpg

Whether you pay monthly or once a year, it should be on that invoice, @PeterL62, or notification email. 

Whatever was your Talktalk phone number / account number when a full broadband customer?

Anything that doesn't fit in Personal Information, put it in Private Notes at the end of that section. A name and address etc will all help.

Save changes. 

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 20

I have received an email from this community asking me to go to my settings and add my account number. I have NO IDEA what my account number is as I only have an email account for which I receive no communication and have no paperwork which lists my account anywhere! Only Broadband and Phone customers seem to have account numbers. I have asked on many occasions if someone could tell me my account number but no-one can. I can let people know my email address if required but not an account number. PLEASE PLEASE help 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

@PeterL62, I have removed your mobile number from public display. NEVER post personal information details on the public thread - scammers are on the lookout to take advantage of this information. 

You need to complete your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu. In Personal Information add your account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff are not on here evenings / overnight / weekends.

They will reply on the forum thread, as this support service is online only. 

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 10 of 20

How can it be a device set up issue when it always used to work? I do not want to change the way I have always done things which is to use the talk talk webmail on google chrome. I am paying every month to have a Tiscali email address and things are getting worse. I can no longer use the mail app on my phone to send/reply to  emails as Talk Talk have decided this is not secure (even though every other company finds it ok) and am forced to use a browser on my phone in order to do this. Now I cannot even attach a simple local file to my emails through Talk Talk even though I can do so using outlook!!! I cannot get anyone at Talk Talk to speak directly to me and have a hell of a job just getting anyone to talk to at all as everyone seems to think you have to be a broadband or home phone customer to speak to them even though they offer this email only account.When I finally talk to someone they say they will pass it to their technical dept to call me but NO-ONE does.This email community is not even trying to resolve the problem which clearly is NOT with my device or it would not work on all the other platforms I have already described below. Can someone from Talk Talk PLEASE ring me to discuss on XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS and put this right or I shall be forced to raise an official complaint and escalate it as high as I need to go just to get some decent customer service. I have been a customer of Tiscali and Talk Talk for 25 years and feel totally let down.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Ok so its a device setup issue. What about using Safari on the macbook does that work?

Ady

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 20

If I use webmail on Safari on my iphone it will allow me to add a file (but the files I need are on my macbook). Also if I use Outlook email on Google Chrome on my Macbook it also allows me to attach files. I currently forward all my Tiscali emails to my outlook account as a backup. The only problem is using Talk Talk on Chrome on my Macbook which is my default usage!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Could you try it either on a different device or in a different browser for me please?

Ady

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 20

I have changed the setting as shown to allow pop ups for Talk Talk but this has not made any difference to allowing me to add a local file

PeterL62_0-1718880042391.png

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Then this should help you. 

Change your default pop-ups and redirects settings

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More and then Settings.
  3. Click Privacy and security and then Site settings and then Pop-ups and redirects.
  4. Choose the option that you want as your default setting.

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 20

Google chrome

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Which browser are you using?

Ady

0 Likes

PeterL62
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Not that I am aware of. How do I check this though?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi PeterL62, you're not using a popup blocker by any chance are you?

Ady

0 Likes