cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Update TT Mail Settings

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I am trying to "update my TalkTalk Mail settings" on my mobile Android phone, as per an Important Reminder email I've received from TalkTalk (info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk).  

TT "Check Settings" instructions say: Go to your email app and select the Hamburger menu (three stacked lines) then select settings (the cog symbol).  

Well, on my LGG6 phone touching on the three bars top left of screen doesn't show settings, and if I touch on the cog wheel top right of the screen, then touch on Settings it shows "basic settings", but no mention of Server Settings?

I don't know how to proceed or find Server Settings, help please . . .

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi opticfibre, the mail address in your profile shows as having full access. Is there another email address you are having problems with? If there is please add it to private notes in your community profile.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Your mailbox access has been withdrawn for your mobile because of the previous use of insecure settings. So, the LG G6 email app will not carry out its final authentication until mailbox access is restored.

I'll request Ady restore access for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 8

Hi Ady, I'm sorry, I'm not good with emails, apps and versions.  I have two apps on my mobile,

one is "apps.talktalk.co.uk",

and the other is "Gmail".

I have two email addresses, do you need them?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi, thanks for this information, which I have followed precisely.  Unfortunately, when i get to your instruction:  "Select NEXT (bottom right) and again until the Setup complete screen shows", I never get the SETUP COMPLETE message☹️

I keep getting a "Connecting to server....." screen, then it returns in sequence to Outgoing server settings  and then Incoming server settings

but not to Setup complete.  What should I do?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

LG G6 Email setup for TalkTalk Mail

• Select the Settings cog icon on the home screen
    Select the General tab
    Accounts & Sync
    Select ADD ACCOUNT (bottom right)
    Select E-mail then Other

• Under E-MAIL ADDRESS enter your full TalkTalk email address
    Select the Show password box and under PASSWORD enter your TalkTalk email password
    Select NEXT (bottom right)
    If presented with Select items to sync just Select NEXT (bottom right)
    Select IMAP4 account type

INCOMING SERVER SETTINGS

• Under IMAP4 SERVER enter mail.talktalk.net
    Select the drop down for SECURITY TYPE and select SSL
    Under PORT NUMBER enter 993
    Under USERNAME enter your full TalkTalk email address
    (PASSWORD and E-MAIL ADDRESS will already be completed)

OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS

• Under SMTP SERVER enter smtp.talktalk.net
    Select the drop down for SECURITY TYPE and select TLS
    Under PORT NUMBER enter 587
    Switch on SIGN-IN REQUIRED (Green switch to the right)
    Under USERNAME enter your full TalkTalk email address
    Select the Show password box and under PASSWORD enter your TalkTalk email password
    Select NEXT (bottom right) and again until the Setup complete screen shows

Enter a friendly ACCOUNT NAME and YOUR NAME as you wish recipients to see it
Select DONE

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi opticfibre, what mail app and version are you using on your phone?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Further to my above post on problems finding "Server settings" on my LG G6 phone, I did find more information and Setup instructions for this phone.  UNFORTUNATELY, these instructions are WRONG and don't match the LG G6 configuration!

In the LG G6 instructions I refer to para 10. where it says: "Under SECURITY TYPE, choose STARTTLS."   Well, there is no such option

There is one called:  TLS (accept all Certificates), which I selected.

I continued following the instructions to para 14. where it says:  "Under Sync schedule, choose an option Under Email sync period, choose an option Under Default e-mail size, choose an option"  None of these Options are there!

I continued, tapping Next, and I was taken to a new screen entitled "Incoming Server Settings", already completed.  Tapping Next it took me back to "Outgoing Server Settings", and then an endless cycle of these two pages every time I selected Next. 

So I was unable to get to paras 15. and 16. and presumably am unable to complete my Email Settings as requested.

Please tell me what to do. 

0 Likes