email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing E-Mails

KAGuest72
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I recently have had E-Mails dissapearing from my E-Mail, it is a @talktalk email address and I have no idea why they keep disappearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi KAGuest72, I've run a repair on the mailbox for you. Please let me know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi @KAGuest72

I'll alert The TalkTalk Community Team OCE and request a mailbox repair to see if that does recover the emails. No guarantees at this point but worth a try.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the TalkTalk.net email address to Private notes and save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @KAGuest72

I've never tested with an S6 BUT earlier native Samsung email apps did not set up correctly to use secure SSL/TLS settings.

My recommended workaround is not to use the native Samsung email app but to go to PlayStore and download the gMail app.  With that you can readily set up an external email account eg a talktalk.net account, and use the recommended TalkTalk secure settings communicating with the mailbox as an IMAP email account.

Here's the TalkTalk recommended settings for email apps and clients.

What can I do about those missing E-Mails? They aren't in my trash or inbox, I just can't find them anywhere. I have been told that my Inbox can be repaired if it's broken?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @KAGuest72

I've never tested with an S6 BUT earlier native Samsung email apps did not set up correctly to use secure SSL/TLS settings.

My recommended workaround is not to use the native Samsung email app but to go to PlayStore and download the gMail app.  With that you can readily set up an external email account eg a talktalk.net account, and use the recommended TalkTalk secure settings communicating with the mailbox as an IMAP email account.

Here's the TalkTalk recommended settings for email apps and clients.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @KAGuest72

Could be a fault with the mailbox, of course, but the most common thing to happen is that a device is connecting as a POP3 email account to your mailbox and downloading the emails to that device.

If it's just emails over a specific age are disappearing then it'll be the email client on a device is set to keep emails on the server but delete emails older than a specified age. That's a tick box setting in the email client.

A bit more information would be helpful. How do you access emails? Webmail? Single device running a specific email app or email client software? Or multiple devices?  New device added recently? 

Thank you for the reply, I use the E-Mailing app that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S6+ but isn't POP3, it's SLS/TLS. The problem that I'm having did start when I started having a problem with that app, I can't find any E-Mails after November of last year.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @KAGuest72

Could be a fault with the mailbox, of course, but the most common thing to happen is that a device is connecting as a POP3 email account to your mailbox and downloading the emails to that device.

If it's just emails over a specific age are disappearing then it'll be the email client on a device is set to keep emails on the server but delete emails older than a specified age. That's a tick box setting in the email client.

A bit more information would be helpful. How do you access emails? Webmail? Single device running a specific email app or email client software? Or multiple devices?  New device added recently? 

0 Likes