cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail Inbox Not Receiving All Emails, but 'Portal' View Is.

AndyXYZ
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

About the end of September (?) my webmail showed a red error message (I can't remember what exactly) about my account when I logged in. IIRC there was some kind of mail new-look update at that time and I finally ended up somehow logging in to a new look webmail page. However, most of my old emails were now missing and I only received a small subset of incoming emails in my webmail 'inbox' with no apparent rhyme or reason to those that did arrive.

I know I was/am missing incoming mails as I switched from 'Inbox' to the 'Portal' icon on the new webmail page and then I could see at any time about six of my latest incoming emails, 95% of which weren't showing up via my webmail inbox. I cannot see more than my latest ~6 emails via the 'Portal' though and if I don't log in often enough, I'll miss emails as there's no way of scrolling back through emails in the 'Portal' view.

Why is my Webmail inbox so dysfunctional suddenly? Where have my old emails gone? I haven't any rules set. Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Perfect.

I can't say why the Inbox was left in an Ascending sort order but that would have displayed the oldest emails in the Inbox at the top of the list. So, setting the default Descending order is going to list the newest email at the top of the list.

Thanks for confirming that you're nicely back in control. Enjoy your Sunday, Andy.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hello Gondola,

That worked! Thanks very much! I have no idea why my inbox was in 'ascending' order but changing to 'descending' solved the problem.

I'm not sure why 'ascending', 'unread' order gave the particular weird effect it did - but no matter, my inbox is working as expected now.

Many thanks,

Andy

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Andy

If the Portal's 'Latest Messages' widget is showing you the last 6 mail messages in your Inbox then those 6 messages and more are sitting in the Inbox.  They're possibly not sorted in the wanted display order.

Select the Inbox and then the More message options triple dots (ellipsis icon) and select Unread and Descending and you should see at the top of the list all new and unread mail messages.

The default option is to select Date and Descending and that will show all the latest messages whether read or unread at the top of the list.

Let us know what happens when you set the default display option.

Sort by Unread messagesSort by Unread messages

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution