cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail for existing email accounts transferred from SAhellEnergy

KesterCurr
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

My Broadband and Phone account originate with the Post Office, was taken over by Shell Energy which was taken over by Octopus and the broadband/phone component recently acquired by TalkTalk.  I have five email accounts that originate from the Post Office, four of which have 'mypostoffice.co.uk' domain namess and one a 'pobroadband.co.uk' domain name.

I can still access these accounts via my email client and for the time being via webmail on the ShellEnergy website but that, I presume, will not last long.  I have yet to discover how I can access these email accounts via TalkTalk - no guidance has ever been provided during the transfer process.  Of course it is important to have the webmail access for account management including such things as password changes etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have been very disappointed in the lack of guidance from TalkTalk and the apparent inability of the customer support phone contact to be able to provide help with this.

Kick
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi all, it looks like there was an issue with servers as TalkTalk took over the control of the mail services for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Because I just don't want to risk this happening again! Good luck with sorting yours out!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Ok. Thanks for replying. It looks like that's what I'll have to do. Not looking forward to it though. If you can use you shell email at the moment why don't you carry on using it and just forward any important emails to your other account for the time being. If it happens again the you can change your email for your contacts then , or alternatively transfer your contacts over at your leisure. Again thanks for replying, hope it all goes well for you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

I had to click on each email individually,  select 'forward' and type in my new email address as the recipient.  Very long winded and boring but I now have all I need safe a secure in Gmail.

Not just that though, I am now going to all the websites I have an account with to change my email address/login details.

And lastly I am having to update password manager saved information 🙄

I decided to give logging in one more try today and I was very pleasantly surprised and very relieved that it worked!

Soon as I get all this sorted I am deleting my pobroadband account and will be shopping around for a different broadband provider 😕

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

I saw your earlier post saying you had sent all your important emails to a new account, how did you do that? Also from this post you say your shell email is working again, did it just start working out of the blue as mine still isn't working. I've sent some of my emails to another account off my phone (using phone data not wifi) but I've got loads and loads and it's a bit tedious. Glad yours is back though and anyone else if they had the same problem.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Not sure what happened but I can finally log in to and access all of my emails...  hurrah!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi all, I'm trying to find out what should happen here. I've asked about a month ago and got no updates. I've asked again and at present I'm trying to identify what we know will definitely work. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

@DebbieBB 

Other customers have reported this, I have raised it with the TalkTalk support team. 

DebbieBB
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

I have a pobroadband email account that was migrated to shell energy, from shell energy to octopus and then to talk talk.

It was working fine yesterday but today I can't log into it, I have tried to log in using my phone, my hubby's phone and our pc.b

I keep getting DNS server not found notice.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with talk talk as well as the technical support, I was eventually told that it's all due to an outage and I needed to call them tomorrow. I have a feeling they were trying to fob me off!

I just want someone to take this seriously so I can get my emails back!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I have no idea if we're going to have ownership of the postoffice email address, but I've asked the question and am awaiting an answer from those who will know. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Your avatar is the funny face beside your name, @Steve772, and clicking on that takes you through to the profile area.

Without that you won't get any account specific help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Yes, my email is still working, but I do not expect Sheii Energy will keep the email server going for much longer now that we are paying TalkTalk instead of Shell Energy.  If you are not going to take over the @mypostoffice.co.uk domain, you should say so and we can all flee to gmail.com ready for when we leave TalkTalk.

Your website might be fun for school children, but for busy working people or us old people, it is most confusing and a massive time waster. 

What is an avatar?   

How do I complete my avatar? 

Don't tell me, I don't want to know.  I just want internet and emails which work.

S
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Steve772, welcome to TalkTalk. Has your Post Office email stopped working? I'm still waiting for an update on the Shell email situation. When I hear I'll post it on this thread and your own. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

You should complete your community forum profile details, @Steve772, so that Talktalk staff can identify your account. 

You need to go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu...... Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

You will normally need to start your own topic for support from staff, but I'll re-escalate this thread anyway in case others still need help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 15 of 18

I am also transferred from Shell Energy today.  I have a @mypostoffice.co.uk email.  It is now 15th of July so TalkTalk should have sorted the problem of these emails before now.  Do you think I should get in touch with Ofcom to get their view of what TalkTalk should be doing about this matter?

S
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi both, those domains are not currently TalkTalk operated email domains. To my knowledge we're not taking them over, but I shall ask the question for you and post back. 

The information I have so far is that you can continue to use them. For how long I will wait for an update. 

Ady

0 Likes

amayt
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Same for me, having started with Webmail for existing email accounts transferred from SAhellEnergy 

Spent ages going in circles on the chat, to no avail!

Impossible to check possible important email stuck in the Spam folder. I was told "You are able to use My Account. You can visit myaccount.talktalk.co.uk and select Register from the tabs, and enter your email address" Good luck if you manage it. Extremely disappointed with the new owner of my phone and broadband.

Also, no technical support on Sundays! 

"Me - If I have a broadband or technical problem on the Sunday, which number do I call?
Chat - You can contact the Technical Team on chat Mon - Friday 8am - 9pm ; Saturday 8am - 7pm ; Sunday - 9am - 7pm

It is the same however the voice department does not work on Sundays.
Me - If I have no broadband, I cannot chat!!!

.....!!!