cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Why do so any SPAM / Scam emails get through talktalk filtering ?

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

For the last couple of months I've been getting a lot of spam.

Every time I report it (by forwarding as an attachment) to phishing@talktalk.co.uk, along with a few other spam sites.

If none of these get through to my GMail (which collects messages from talktalk) why is it that they all seem to get through when I collect my messages directly from talktalk

I've read somewhere that Gmail actually inspect the contents of emails which is why they manage to do such a good job.

Maybe I should just let Gmail do the collecting for me ?

5 REPLIES 5

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Having now followed the instructions re spam emails for several months - ie logging onto the webmail and 'mark as spam' I haven't seen any improvement. So, in my opinion I'm better off just using GMAIL which seems to block 100% of spam (even without me having to report them !!).

0 Likes

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thank you.  I've now figured out how I can copy emails to a folder on 'mycomputer' (I'm using outlook mac) which leaves them on

the mail server so I can log in there and report as spam.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

There is no "spam reporting email address". Spam reporting is all handled automatically from within webmail in response to the user selecting Mark as spam from the toolbar.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

thank you for the info.  Don't you have a 'spam@taktalk.co.uk'  that emails can be forwarded to ?

It's a bit of a pain having to do that from within webmail.

If there's no 'spam' reporting address I'll disable synching from my outlook

and just get Gmail to collect them and then will report the spams via webMail.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

You're not dealing with spam in the required way.

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail and for each selected spam message in the Inbox select Mark as spam from the toolbar. That will do two things.

• Report the spam to CloudMark, the TalkTalk network filtering engine so that it has your report of spam and can start to fingerprint the content to be able to identify similar characteristics in future spam
  • Move the spam out of the way to the Spam folder

Reporting a phishing email just sends that to the TalkTalk team that are interested only in the security aspects of phishing emails. 

But having failed to report the spam to the right place let us know how you get on with Gmail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution