cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Wife's email not working via iPhone / mail plus

Tud7777
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 30 of 30

This is exactly the same issue I am going thru’ with TalkTalk but I’m not getting anywhere after several telephone calls and chat sessions probably totalling over 12hrs of my valuable time! The only difference is that I already had the mail plus account in place and has been in place for several years now. The problem came to light on or around the 27th Jan after my wife received an email from TalkTalk advising her to ensure she had the correct mail settings. Post this her mail failed to be passed onto her Ipad or IPhone. We ensured her mail settings were the same as mine but the problem still occurs, her Webmail still functions correctly. Like you I have read that I should still be able to have 5 email accounts under ‘Myaccount’ on TalkTalk and be able to logon as I have the mail plus account. No one at TalkTalk is owning this issue, each time I call or they call me (as I have raised a complaint now) I get a different Customer Services agent or a technician so I have to explain the issue and the whole history of my problem to them on each occasion. Problem still ongoing, next call from them due on 14th Feb, not feeling very confident about the outcome!

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

My wife only uses her Ipad and Iphone for TalkTalk mail.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Yes all 3 email accounts are UK based.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

I have updated my profile which shows the 3 email accounts in my mail plus account.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

My wife changed her settings in October to conform with the email sent for secure settings.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Take it question by question and keep the post as short as possible.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 26 of 30

I am trying to respond to the questions you asked from my original post but I have tried several times and it doesn't get posted.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

I see your reply dated 11-02-2023 published at 05:50. Your other 4 posts were intercepted by the comment spam filtering because there was something 'suspicious' about where you were posting from or what was included in the content. I don't have access to the comment spam filtering to know exactly why your replies were not published.

Tud7777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 30

My reply does not show in the post, what's wrong?

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

Your wife received the notification that her email address would be limited to webmail only because of continued use of insecure settings. So that's why the iPhone and iPad email doesn't work but webmail via a browser does.

I'll request full access is restored on the basis that you confirm that the secure settings required by TalkTalk are the only ones in use.

TalkTalk Support will respond here next week to restore full access to the affected email mailboxes.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, Former TalkTalk home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the affected email addreses and MailPlus account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Are you in the UK and are the affected email addresses added to the MailPlus MyAccount My Mailboxes list?

Other than the iPhone and iPad are there any other devices she uses? Any mail collection service, computer, notebook, other 'phone or tablet. All must use secure settings.

Guides below:

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad