cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email address being blocked from Virginmedia sender

DFCH1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

A friend is trying to send me emails and she keeps getting a "failure to send" - started today. She is with Virginmedia and my email is tiscali. Even when sending a blank email with just a subject, this is part of the message she receives:

host mx.tiscali.co.uk [62.24.139.42]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

552 5.2.0 Giz4r2jvHvxrrGiz4rXulr Content rejected (TT992

Is it a Virginmedia problem or tiscali?

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

Mail senders improve their reputation by proving that spam is being stopped at source.  This takes time. If a hard block has to be applied the bounceback notifications are recorded by the sending email service and of course seen by the spammers. Spammers won't waste their time on continued attacks towards TalkTalk Mail users and the sending email service will take action to remove those spammers, diminish the amount of spam and improve their reputation to allow a hard block to be relaxed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 36

Hi Gondola, this has now been resolved overnight - it would be nice to know why this took so many days to resolve. Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Hi Jenny

Just to say that this topic is about virginmedia.com and that's confirmed as resolved.

TalkTalk are aware that ntlworld.com, that's the subject of your other open topic, is still being blocked by the spam protection process. I have asked that this be investigated to identify the reason for the blocking. Almost certainly its because of increased spam from the legacy ntlworld.com addresses that's targeting TalkTalk Mail users. Hopefully, as the level of spam diminishes so the hard block can be relaxed. We'll find out more tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Dear Gondola, are you able to get someone in TalkTalk to progress this problem please.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Hi Ady, any chance that TalkTalk can fix this issue please - clearly something in the NTL email is being blocked at the gateway, regardless of email body content. It has to be a generic change that either Virgin or TalkTalk have applied.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hi Ady, any chance that TalkTalk can fix this issue please - clearly something in the NTL email is being blocked at the gateway, regardless of email body content. It has to be a generic change that either Virgin or TalkTalk have applied.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

...and I usually receive an email twice a day every day from this sender without any issue.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

... and this is of course sending from NTL not Tiscali too.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

Thank you - There are no rules and no blocked senders at all - the messages are clearly blocked at the gateway and not my mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 36

One of the Virgin Media reports of TT992 rejection says here the issue was cleared 7 hours ago.

Can you confirm you have no Rules set up in the online mailbox to block any mail messages? Just to cover all the bases.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

Any chance of a fix today ?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

Sadly still not working for all of us 😭

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

and the error is still occurring:

host mx.talktalk.net [62.24.202.42]
  552 5.2.0 JwRmr6QfcdkAxJwRmrmdPP Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

I have now posted the address in my private notes in my community profile - also tested emails from that address again and they are still being rejected at the gateway.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

and the same result with a one word email: 

host mx.talktalk.net [62.24.202.42]
  552 5.2.0 JwRmr6QfcdkAxJwRmrmdPP Content rejected (TT992)
0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

I have now posted the address in my private notes in my community profile - also tested emails from that address again and they are still being rejected at the gateway.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

Then please tell me where to put it, as I posted it in the personal notes box in my profile.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

Hi DFCH1 

This is your topic so you've updated it and us perfectly. Great to know your contact sending from Virginmedia is getting their messages delivered. I did see a couple of reports in the Virgin Media Community mentioning the TT992 blocking so it's good to know that this was just temporary for your friend and you.

Nice one.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

Good to hear that the issue appears to be resolved, @DFCH1.

You can also keep track of all your posts in the ACTIVITY area of your profile. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DFCH1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 36

New to Community. Could not find where to update original post. My Tiscali emails are now arriving from Virginmedia. Thanks for all the replies - seems to be more of a problem out there than I imagined.