cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Legacy email inaccessible

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Posting on behalf of my dad 82. He cannot access his account or mail (on iPad) as he keeps getting messages saying email/password combinations are not recognised. The email was updated upon advice from TT during a phone chat on Monday. I sat with him and saw email confirmation of the change. The system timed him out as he was on the phone and subsequently he was in effect locked out.
None of the changes were made independently, they were all on verbal advice from TT colleagues on the phone. We asked was it the current email issue of the dashboard, customer service didn’t know. However today we have received advice from a Customer Service Manager that we should add a completely new email and link the old one in My account.  But he couldn’t guarantee it would work!,

I am beginning to suspect that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, where Customer Service are concerned.  Would the best course of action be to monitor the email issue and wait a few days? I feel I am being pushed to act, as a complaint is now active due to lack of progress in this matter.

I haven’t added dads detail in my profile info, as I really just want to know whether to simply wait a few more days or if the fix suggested is going to work. Conversation on this forum would suggest that a solution hasn’t yet been found.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Thank you. I will save this for future reference as you will be pleased to know the issue is resolved.  After a long call yesterday I managed to speak to someone who was able to talk me through the process and reset both My account and the email. It seems the issues were two separate problems and I had been passed back and forward between two teams . Anyway, we are good to go! Thanks for keeping me updated with your suggestions etc. The community is a great place, with lots of knowledge; more so than some of the customer services staff I would suggest. Happy New Year 🥳 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

I've submitted the Password Reset Tool update request. It will complete within 24 hours. To check when its been done you can intermittently go to Password Reset Tool and you'll see the changes when they're made. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk  I am absolutely at my wits end! Yet another two hour phone appt. Booking missed. Travelled to dads house to take call and update etc. No call. However, as I was leaving 50 mins after end of slot my mobile rang “Talktalk” was the caller, picked up call - could not hear the caller, told them this and they dropped the call! Losing my patience with the ‘system’ of booked appointments.  Another call at 19:12 about to answer and the call dropped before one complete ring tone. Impossible to answer, but I suppose it looks as though they did call. 😡

So, can I kindly ask you to update the password reset tool as offered in the earlier message in this community.  You guys are the only ones keeping me sane! Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Thank you for your continued help. As the call is booked for a couple of hours time, can I speak with them first regarding ALL our issues and if needed, I will get back to you regarding updating the password reset tool after I finish the call.  
Community staff and volunteers have been massively helpful explaining things that Customer Service couldn’t! Or perhaps wouldn’t!  You all do a great job here, seeing things written down is really helpful and not garbled by an operator with a distinct accent.  I will report back after the call. Thanks.

Message 5 of 24

Ok that makes sense. Password Reset appears to be working again now. Would you like me to get the password reset tool updated for you? If you do please add the affected email address, alternate email address and mobile number. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk @So, if you are confused, imagine how an 82 year old and his 60 year old daughter feel 😂.  He needs his password resetting, which in turn I think would mean he has to change this password in his email settings on his iPad. To me this seems a simple task. Am I wrong? The call is at 14:00 today Tuesday.

Recovery details, which contact either my mobile or email address are correct as per our conversation with TT at weekend.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi BevTalk62, I'm a little lost now. Does dad just need new password recovery details or is it that his email account isn't working at all? We can help on here and save you the trouble of the call. 

Email Settings

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi, thanks for asking. Spent over 2 hours on phone to TT, who confirmed dads email is registered to his account. His recovery info is my mobile and my alternate email address.  Some conflict of information about how to get back into his account, but I have a call booked tomorrow so fingers crossed.  Dads details are now in my community profile. Been given the run around as far as customer service is concerned, but have a complaint open which I will pursue once the account is open to dad again.   Can I ask for a link for the email client settings for setting up his email on his iPad.  It’s currently set, but want to check the settings are up to date.  Thanks for your continued help.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi BevTalk62, how did you get on at dad's?

Ady

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 24

Hopefully will update tomorrow when I am at his house. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Message 11 of 24

What I need to know is does your father see the hinted at password recovery options (or just the last digits of your 'phone number) when he enters his email address in the Changing your email password journey via the link to the help content that I gave in my previous post. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 24

Sat with him, and under the direction of TT Customer  Service Manager was talked step by step through the process before the Christmas break.  We were unsuccessful several times. Told to wait 24 hours so as not to exceed login attempts. A promised call from TT was not received and that is rebooked for later.  Despite giving my phone details as recovery contact the TT staffer said they were not visible, even though it was him I had set them up with the day before! So far unsuccessful at each attempt. Worrying for him and frustrating for me!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

The normal process for a forgotten email password for a TalkTalk customer connected to the TalkTalk network is as follows:

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take your father to password reset and recovery. 

If he has set up password recovery options, in advance, that he recognises from the *****hints, then he can send the alternate email address a link or the mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Please confirm that your father has himself tried this password reset process.

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 24

Sorry to be a nuisance. Am I correct that until he can reset his password/login he can’t access his email? He was told to use webmail, (which is unfamiliar to him) but TT won’t recognise his login/password so he cannot do this, even with help.  Just renewed a contract for two years so this ongoing issue is annoying and disappointing.  

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Your post has been merged back to your own topic.

TalkTalk Mail is working normally for send and receive.

Yes, Service Status is still reporting a password reset issue impacting some customers and that issue was being investigated.

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 24

You state TalkTalk mail is operating as normal. The email issue is still amber on the status dashboard, my dad hasn’t received email since last week when his log in/password combination was not recognised despite it being set up a few minutes before with assistance from the customer services operator on the phone.  Is the issue resolved? I ask as he is 83 and to have to make changes to his email (used for hospital, doctor, family) is quite a challenge for him. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Any update on this ongoing issue- 82 year old dad without email for over a week.  A call is booked later,but wondered if the helpful community could give me some information to take to the conversation.

Dads details added to community profile notes.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Normal service on the community won't resume till after the New Year, @BevTalk62.

Customer support via Chat etc listed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 19 of 24

Not sure if this is the place, but I need to create a trail for this ongoing issue with Dads email. I do have a complaint reference but not sure who to contact.  I was promised a call back between 14:00-16:00 today 22/12/23 from the Customer Service Manager allocated.  It did not happen. I made a special trip to be at dads house which was a waste of time.  As the wider issue with email is still ongoing according to Service Centre Dashboard, I am resigned to wait until it is before altering specific details of Dads account.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Again, thank you for the info.  My common sense is telling me to wait till the issue is fixed before attempting to do anything requiring passwords/emails. Following all the updates with interest.

0 Likes